GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently July 20 18, 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:21 pm 
The Last Word

I'd feel better if it was a guy like Waino or Molina.

Bud Norris has done a nice job for the Cardinals, but he doesn't have the stature on this particular team to assume veteran leadership, in my opinion.

PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:26 pm 
just can't quit you.

I had a boss who called me Moron Boy every day for the first 4 months I worked for him. It WAS because he was invested in my future. I wouldn't have achieved what I have if he wasn't so hard on me. But, he was white and so am I, so it wasn't racism, it was just because he was a former drill sergeant and a bit of an ass hole.

It worked for me because I am the type that likes to prove people wrong.

I can't say if Norris is racist or not - I have only seen the one very bad and stupid quote from him. If he is, Matheny is even worse than I thought allowing him to harass Hicks that way.

PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:29 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Hicks Norris thing is another indicator of Matheny lack of a managerial skills, if than anything.

PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:29 pm 
Single A Minor League Player

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Hating Matheny and defending Hicks from a racist redneck who is hazing him is now considered "bad" here.

Thought this was the non-Cards Talk sanctuary forum.

Be careful not to get your cape caught in a revolving door.

PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:33 pm 
Consider him admonished

What in the actual F is going on in this clubhouse!?!?!? Is there any wonder nobody wants to sign in stl? A total regime overhaul isn’t out of the question IMO.

PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:34 pm 
Single A Minor League Player

Either way this is yet another example of how f'ing toxic Matheny's clubhouse culture has gotten. This nonsense about Norris's "racism" screams moral panic, but at the end of the day this whole mess needs to be flushed down the toilet, asap.

Dewitt is the one with his head in the sand.

The Last Word

Freed Roger wrote:
Hicks Norris thing is another indicator of Matheny lack of a managerial skills, if than anything.

Just add it to this list:

just can't quit you.

I think the days are numbered for MM.

I hope so anyway.

PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:35 pm 
All-Star

wart57 wrote:
I had a boss who called me Moron Boy every day for the first 4 months I worked for him. It WAS because he was invested in my future. I wouldn't have achieved what I have if he wasn't so hard on me. But, he was white and so am I, so it wasn't racism, it was just because he was a former drill sergeant and a bit of an ass hole.

I can't say if Norris is racist or not - I have only seen the one very bad and stupid quote from him. If he is, Matheny is even worse than I thought allowing him to harass Hicks that way.

Weirdly, I've never needed anyone to call me Moron Boy to provide me with motivation. The reason we're mentioning race in this is because Norris is a racist and has a history of racist comments, and Hicks is young and black. If what was described in the article is in any way true, then the team ought to be a little ashamed of itself.

PostPosted: July 11 18, 5:38 pm 
just can't quit you.

Famous Mortimer wrote:
wart57 wrote:

Weirdly, I've never needed anyone to call me Moron Boy to provide me with motivation. The reason we're mentioning race in this is because Norris is a racist and has a history of racist comments, and Hicks is young and black. If what was described in the article is in any way true, then the team ought to be a little ashamed of itself.

Is Norris really? I have only seen that one - notably horrible - quote from him.

I didn't need him to call me Moron Boy to motivate me either, but I also didn't take it too personally either. I had kids in school tell me to go kill myself because it would make everyone's lives better, being called Moron Boy is nothing compared to that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next