GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 22 19, 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Off-season Plan
PostPosted: November 8 19, 9:29 am 
99% conan clips

cardsfantx wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
I don't think it's "not worthy" really, I just think 97 wRC+ in a juiced ball league with that high of a BABIP is a little alarming. But I'll concede that there's "still time" with him being one of these late bloomer Alex Dickerson types that a cheapo Harvard GM will plug into their lineups when he's 27.

The Cardinals don't have a Harvard GM.

no, but he does have this on his wikipedia page

Quote:
He is best known for his signature bow ties, that at times overshadow his decisions as GM.

that's great

PostPosted: November 8 19, 10:02 am 
Hall Of Famer

Feels like a cantaloupe offseason.

PostPosted: November 8 19, 10:07 am 
99% conan clips

make it work

PostPosted: November 8 19, 11:09 am 
99% conan clips

Quote:
TomBruno23: Would you believe Adam wainwright’s fip was higher last year than it was in 2018 and 2017? Nearly identical, granted. But still, shows what an out making defense behind him and his 14th best gb% (Hudson #1 Mikolas #20) can do. Ryu 8th Wade Miley 11th on that list are two guys not attached to a QO that I expect the Cardinals to discuss. Discuss?

Dan Szymborski: I can totally see the Cards being interest in Ryu and Miley.

Dan Szymborski: I don’t think they’re going to do anything too aggressive

PostPosted: November 8 19, 12:47 pm 
Hall Of Famer

CardsofSTL wrote:
Off-season complete.

I really like the unwritten implication here. When it says "And Lane might even be able to hit." what they mean is "And Lane might even be able to hit...unlike Bader, who can't at all."

PostPosted: November 8 19, 4:49 pm 
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.
Fat Strat wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Bader's high K rate doesn't bother me, it's the fact that his decent walk rate makes up way too much of his OBP. My man doesn't make contact. The thing with Bader, is you can easily predict what he will be hitting wise. Don't see him changing much on that front. He's about a 88-92 wRC+ 8-hole bat on a team with luxury to play a glove-first CF. On our team? I don't know about him being everyday CF...

I've actually done some significant research into Bader's down season and those results will be out soon -- in a different place, but I'll try to still post it here, too. The BB rate is very encouraging and he really only has to do one other thing to become a 100'ish wRC+ player -- learn to hit sliders, which he saw 25% of the time last year. 25%! The league obviously knows his Achilles heel and they've abused him. To become a better offensive player, he doesn't have to be able to hit ALL sliders. He just has to be able to hit the pitchers whose sliders are their 3rd or 4th best pitch. He can crush fastballs and sinkers... simply turning the odds more in his favor on sliders will result in a higher percentage of fastballs, which will result in more production. That's the reader's digest version.

Great first article! Looks like you’ve provided Harry with some offseason motivation.

PostPosted: November 8 19, 5:01 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

Radbird wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Bader's high K rate doesn't bother me, it's the fact that his decent walk rate makes up way too much of his OBP. My man doesn't make contact. The thing with Bader, is you can easily predict what he will be hitting wise. Don't see him changing much on that front. He's about a 88-92 wRC+ 8-hole bat on a team with luxury to play a glove-first CF. On our team? I don't know about him being everyday CF...

I've actually done some significant research into Bader's down season and those results will be out soon -- in a different place, but I'll try to still post it here, too. The BB rate is very encouraging and he really only has to do one other thing to become a 100'ish wRC+ player -- learn to hit sliders, which he saw 25% of the time last year. 25%! The league obviously knows his Achilles heel and they've abused him. To become a better offensive player, he doesn't have to be able to hit ALL sliders. He just has to be able to hit the pitchers whose sliders are their 3rd or 4th best pitch. He can crush fastballs and sinkers... simply turning the odds more in his favor on sliders will result in a higher percentage of fastballs, which will result in more production. That's the reader's digest version.

Great first article! Looks like you’ve provided Harry with some offseason motivation.

OMG Bader hates Fat.

PostPosted: November 8 19, 5:13 pm 
99% conan clips

that is freakin' hilarious

PostPosted: November 8 19, 5:15 pm 
Mayor of GRB

Three thoughts: 1) great article; 2) Bader can't read; 3) terrific Streisand effect, complete with link to the article.

PostPosted: November 8 19, 5:34 pm 
99% conan clips

i bet he didn't read the whole thing

someone posted this on VEB, his new job if baseball doesn't cut it. made me laugh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next