GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 10 19, 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: December 2 19, 4:48 pm 
All Hail the New GDT Master

I wouldn't have wanted Moose on a four year deal. Good for him to finally get a decent contract though.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 4:54 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Same. Moose gives you decent lefty power and will easily give you 2-3 WAR yearly in that contract. Reds inching up.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 5:00 pm 
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Same. Moose gives you decent lefty power and will easily give you 2-3 WAR yearly in that contract. Reds inching up.

Any boost he gives you offensively will likely be negated by playing 2B defensively, if that's where he's going to play. Votto is signed through '23, and Suarez through '24. Unless the DH is coming soon to the NL, this is a really strange deal for the Reds to sign.

Reds being Reds.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 5:14 pm 
Perennial All-Star

I'm going to guess Moose's power numbers will stay about the same, given the small ballpark he'll now be playing in. I'm also going to guess he'll bat 5th after Suarez, and that will give the Reds a nice L-R-L heart of the lineup. With the 3-batter minimum coming into effect, a lefty will have to face (or pitch around) Suarez while dealing with Votto and Moose.

Thinking a little more about their lineup, I wonder if they'll go with Galvis and Aquino at 1-2, or move Aquino down behind Moose.

(Mods - Are these signings going to be broken out into their own threads?)

PostPosted: December 2 19, 5:30 pm 
just can't quit you.

Spider John wrote:
They don't need Moustakas. We all know Carpenter is going to rebound like one of those little rubber ball you buy from a bubblegum machine.

Like this?

PostPosted: December 2 19, 6:41 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Quote:
Athletics non-tendered RHP Blake Treinen.

Wow. It's a bit surprising that the A's weren't able to find a trade partner for Treinen, especially with the Yankees rumored to be sniffing around, but ultimately it's a shockingly quick fall from grace for the former closer. After one of the most dominant seasons in baseball history, Treinen registered a 4.91 ERA, 1.62 WHIP and 59/37 K/BB ratio across 58 2/3 innings. He'll be one of the most sought-after bullpen arms on the free agent market.

SOURCE: Susan Slusser on Twitter
Dec 2, 2019, 7:35 PM ET

I’d be all over that

PostPosted: December 2 19, 7:41 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Popeye_Card wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Any boost he gives you offensively will likely be negated by playing 2B defensively, if that's where he's going to play. Votto is signed through '23, and Suarez through '24. Unless the DH is coming soon to the NL, this is a really strange deal for the Reds to sign.

Reds being Reds.

Not really. 2-3 WAR factors offense and defense. I think he has a decent floor.

I agree the contract is dumb.

PostPosted: December 2 19, 7:56 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

This Moose Tacos deal is like hey fans we are REALLY serious about improving our 75 win team that had only one guy worth more than 1.5 WAR but literally no one else will come play here so...fingers crossed we can excite you all with a 77 win campaign in 2020!!!

PostPosted: December 2 19, 8:29 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Giants didn't tender Pillar

PostPosted: December 2 19, 8:30 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

33anda3rd wrote:
This Moose Tacos deal is like hey fans we are REALLY serious about improving our 75 win team that had only one guy worth more than 1.5 WAR but literally no one else will come play here so...fingers crossed we can excite you all with a 77 win campaign in 2020!!!

That's not really how it works and 1.5 is disingenuous dude. He's better than that. Plus offseason just started.

Wait until you see an Ozuna-less Cardinals lineup with a 0.7 WAR Yadi batting 5th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next