Arenado Rumors

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: Arenado Rumors

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Magneto2.0 wrote:He wants to be traded

https://www.mlb.com/amp/news/nolan-aren ... umors.html

“There’s a lot of disrespect from people there that I don’t want to be a part of,” Arenado said in a text. “You can quote that.”

In reaction to Bridich’s announcement, Arenado elaborated.

“You ask what I thought of Jeff’s quotes and I say I don’t care what people say around there,” Arenado said. “There is a lot of disrespect.”
It's hard for me to sympathize with his "disrespect" comments when the team that supposedly disrespected him is paying him $260 million. That's a lot of respect. I understand he might not be happy with the rumors, and the team's front office, but to say the Rockies disrespected him is a stretch IMO.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

The plot thickens..

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

We're totally getting Arenado.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

Seems like it's the Arenado camp that wants a trade to happen.

Rockies don't have a ton of leverage.

Mo has to be kicking himself for extending Carpenter.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

I have had a working theory all along that it was Arenado himself who demanded a trade and that he named the Cardinals as one of a handful of teams he would accept a deal to. The Rockies only leverage against the Cardinals was that they don’t have to trade him at all. Arenado now feels betrayed because he doesn’t think the Rockies negotiated with the Cards in good faith and have pulled out of a deal. So, he reacts to use public pressure to force the Rockies to take a lesser deal.

I think there are a few issues with the logic here, but I might write about it this week, if the subject falls to me on Thursday (due date for next article). Thoughts? Where am I wrong? Where am I right? What info am I missing?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I'm not sure Arenado requested the trade initially. If he wanted to play elsewhere why would he have signed this latest contract? I think he got pissed that they were publicly throwing his name out there and then when they weren't getting the high price they wanted they publicly said Arenado isn't going anywhere; and that's what bothered him and led to his public comments about respect.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Good thing is if Arenado wants out he may be more inclined to drop the two year opt-out to make a deal happen.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Basketball players have been able to force a trade to the team of their choosing for a while now. Antonio Brown was able to force his way out of Pittsburgh and gave other NFL players the road map of how to do it. Is it starting to happen in MLB?

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »