Prime Seat Club

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Redbirdruss
Veteran Player

Prime Seat Club

Post by Redbirdruss »

I was doing some comparisons to ticket pricing on StubHub and Prime Seat Club and it looks like non-premium seats are CHEAPER on StubHub.

Prime Seat Club charges "List Price" plus a 20% convenience charge. List price is actually quite a bit higher price than season ticket holders pay for their seats. In some cases as much as a 30% mark-up. A ticket that costs a season ticket holder $45 is $102 on Prime Seat Club.

BTW, if a season ticket holder sells his tickets on PSC, he only gets his original face value for the ticket. The Cardinals pocket the remaining profit.

If this isn't scalping, I don't know what scalping is.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Oh its scalping for sure. The thing that gets me is that the Cards charge the full single game ticket price and only give the season ticket holder the original cost. That's where they're making a TON of money.

I did PSC for a year and then stopped. Your better off going downtown and buying some seats off a scalper.

rs232
Everyday Player

Post by rs232 »

Anyone ever have any bad experiences buying tickets off a scalper?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

cardinalkarp wrote:That's where they're making a TON of money.
Well, but let's put this in perspective. There's maybe 500 seats per game that go through the PSC option. 81 games per year, maybe $10 profit per seat per game. That's $405k per year. Or if it's $20 a seat, $805k per year. Decent amount of revenue, but that barely signs a fledgling middle reliever.

But as fans, yes, if it's better for your bottom line, buy them from guys on the street. The only downfall there is that you've already paid to park, and have to walk around for a little while before you even know what prices and availability are.

I say all of this as a guy who has not personally used any scalping venue (including PSC).

--P--

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

mcgee51taguchi99
Perennial All-Star
Location: Crying/injoyin watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!!

Post by mcgee51taguchi99 »

It's convenient and buyers know they're getting a legit ticket. There's obviously a cost to run the program that they are getting back through fees . . . although I can't say that a 20% fee across the board is necessarily fair.

This has been beaten to a pulp in the past, not really anything new. Just keep in mind that some clubs have the same type of setup and allow season ticket holders to set their own price. Now that's ridiculous.