Spring Training Trade(s)

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CarpMan
Everyday Player

Spring Training Trade(s)

Post by CarpMan »

Isn't it just a matter of time before some teams make a trade? Aren't there usually a couple of trades each spring? What teams are likely to do a trade in your opinion? What players are likely to be traded? I'm not talking Cardinals, just teams in general. I'm surprised there hasn't been a trade yet (a fairly major one).

stlmark
Perennial All-Star

Post by stlmark »

Usually, you won't see any trades made until the last week of spring training when teams have had time to figure out who will/won't make the team. Guys who don't have minor league options are usually the ones trade, but this is not always the case.

CarpMan
Everyday Player

Post by CarpMan »

Last week of ST is just two weeks away!

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Pavano and Lieber are on their way somewhere. That's my prediction.

My other prediction? Neither are coming to St Louis. I can't back that up. Just a hunch.

CarpMan
Everyday Player

Post by CarpMan »

Fairly strong idea on several forums that Lieber ends up in Toronto.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the frequency of trades is down across the board. With the exception of the yearly trade to the Yankees, it seems like teams are reluctant to give up any players of value.

TimMcCarver15
Everyday Player

Post by TimMcCarver15 »

CarpMan wrote:Fairly strong idea on several forums that Lieber ends up in Toronto.
According to the Chi Trib, he could wind up on the South Side. But then again, anytime a player is "available" he's "coming to Chi town" according to the trib.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

heyzeus wrote:Pavano and Lieber are on their way somewhere. That's my prediction.

My other prediction? Neither are coming to St Louis. I can't back that up. Just a hunch.
I tend to agree. Looper has pitched well, Reyes and Wainwright have pitched well, Wells has pitched well.... It's falling into place. Believe it or not, I'm really not terribly concerned about the pitching. I'm much more concerned about the offense.

CarpMan
Everyday Player

Post by CarpMan »

RC21 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:Pavano and Lieber are on their way somewhere. That's my prediction.

I tend to agree. Looper has pitched well, Reyes and Wainwright have pitched well, Wells has pitched well.... It's falling into place. Believe it or not, I'm really not terribly concerned about the pitching. I'm much more concerned about the offense.

Especially the OUTFIELD. :x