What one thing would you change about MLB?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
stretch
Perennial All-Star

Post by stretch »

No DH will always be number one with me.

Another thing I would like would be two leagues with two 6 team divisions. I think 18 games vs. teams in your own division and 12 against teams in the other division works out pretty well. I know that is going to eliminate a lot of teams, but this is dreamworld we are living in right now.

Oh, and eliminate 2 game series.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

It is paying average players what they do now is what hurts baseball

Thats what abritration and the judges that know nothing about baseball have done.
The thing is, arbitration directly reflects free agent salaries. It's the trickle-down effect that causes arbitration salaries to escalate. This is all by design so that 3-6 year players are paid more than the minimum but the team maintains a semblance of control over possible spiraling costs, and, more importantly, a young player they likely produced.

Arbiters not understanding simple baseball statistics is silly, but you've got the cart before the horse. Understanding or not understanding RBI, or the importance of that stat may lead to an awarding of four versus six million dollars, not really the root of the issue. For what it's worth, and I'm sure there are ways that it could be better, the system in general seems like a fair compromise to me.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

No more than 1 day off during a playoff series. Equal the playing field for teams with dominant 1-2 starting pitchers and crappy 3-4-5 and teams with a deep rotation.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

No more of the "not giving 60% of all of the profits from every team in the league to me".

Heck, I'd be happy with this agreement if it was just for one little year.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Radbird wrote:And I thought this would be a one-page thread after we all agreed on "no DH". :wink:
What's funny is, if you talk to a fan of an AL team who has followed the game just since the DH was installed, they think it's crazy to NOT have a DH.

But if you talk to someone who knows very little about baseball and tell them, "Yeah, all of the position players have to bat for themselves, except the guy throwing the ball. He has somebody who's only duty is to bat for him." They think it sounds stupid. Yeah, there's a reason for that--it IS stupid.

But not more idiotic than having the winner of an exhibition game determine home field advantage for the World Series.

--P--

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

letsgocards89 wrote:No more than 1 day off during a playoff series. Equal the playing field for teams with dominant 1-2 starting pitchers and crappy 3-4-5 and teams with a deep rotation.
Good point. That's on my list as well.