22 HRs to go

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball

What should MLB do when Bonds passes Aaron?

Celebrate the accomplishment in the same manner as they did for Aaron
28%
Keep it low-key but still celebrate
21%
Ignore it and hope it goes away
26%
Fire Bud Selig just on prinicple
26%

Total votes: 47

jimedmondsfan
Veteran Player

Post by jimedmondsfan »

Cronos69 wrote:This poll is missing an obvious, albeit unlikely choice for which I would vote.

Upon re-examination, the poll question itself assumes something not necessarily a given. Likely, but not a given.
You are right..I made an assumption. The only thing we know he has tested positive for are amphetimines. I hope everyone will accept my apology for that. The point of poll was not to determine guilt or innocence, but to determine MLB's course of action based on the depositions, lawsuits etc that have been attached to this run at one of baseball's greatest records.

mcgee51taguchi99
Perennial All-Star
Location: Crying/injoyin watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!!

Post by mcgee51taguchi99 »

Redbirdruss wrote:I gaurantee that if he does beat the record, he will do it in San Francisco. There is no way he or the Giants would risk the Boos and Jeers of the fans in any other Ballpark (Can you imagine it happening in Philly or NY?).

Whether you like him or not (there are a lot of jerks that have played and are playing baseball), his accomplishment is offical and awe inspiring.
This occurring in Philly would be great.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

jimedmondsfan wrote:
Cronos69 wrote:This poll is missing an obvious, albeit unlikely choice for which I would vote.

Upon re-examination, the poll question itself assumes something not necessarily a given. Likely, but not a given.
You are right..I made an assumption. The only thing we know he has tested positive for are amphetimines. I hope everyone will accept my apology for that. The point of poll was not to determine guilt or innocence, but to determine MLB's course of action based on the depositions, lawsuits etc that have been attached to this run at one of baseball's greatest records.
Nah, that's not what I meant. I was referring to the assumption that he will get 22 more home runs next year. I don't think he'll do it. I've seen him move(or the lack thereof) on his knees and unless he's given a whole lot of time to rest them(or traded to an AL team to DH), and cuts down on his running quite a bit, I'm not even sure if he'll last the whole year.

Not trying to give you trouble, JEF, but I'm not sure it's a given that he reaches it.