How many days til JRod's back?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
picasso
All-Star

How many days til JRod's back?

Post by picasso »

I'll say seven days max.

That will give Tony enough time to say that priorities have mandated changes.

Whether that means he releases So (doubtful), releases Wilson (I can almost see this as more likely than a Taguchi release) or sends down Skip.

Give me J-Rod or give me someone better. I hope to never see an OF of Taguchi, injured Edmonds, and Wilson again.

I love So, and I hope to see him in 2016 at the 10 yr reunion of the championship.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

I can't see Tony releasing either to make room for J-Rod. With Encarnacion out there's only two true RH OF's on the team.

picasso
All-Star

Post by picasso »

ZigZagCardsFan wrote:I can't see Tony releasing either to make room for J-Rod. With Encarnacion out there's only two true RH OF's on the team.
And we may face a LH starter once a week. We might have to start a JRod or Dunc or a Spiez against a lefty. You want So-Edmonds-Wilson as a staple against lefties?

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Absolutely not, but I'm sure Tony would want to carry more than one RH OF, excluding Spiezio.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Don't hold your breath.

cabby7588
All-Star

Post by cabby7588 »

I gave it an over/under of 15 games last night in the flashchat. It was mixed.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

A. Tony is a very stubborn man.
B. He's not going to make his mind up on So or Preston in a week.
C. Sending Skip down in lieu of John wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. What's the saying, "six of one, half dozen the other."
D. Preston's going to hit 2 HRs this week and everyone will be off complaining about something else.

cabby7588
All-Star

Post by cabby7588 »

Richie Allen wrote:A. Tony is a very stubborn man.
C. Sending Skip down in lieu of John wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. What's the saying, "six of one, half dozen the other."
D. Preston's going to hit 2 HRs this week and everyone will be off complaining about something else.
A. Yup
B. Yup
C. Yup
D. Yup

picasso
All-Star

Post by picasso »

IMO
A. Tony is stubborn
B. I agree no changes this week, Tony is very deliberate.
C. Releasing So and promoting Rodriguez would at least say "last year is over, let's present the best team to win this year!"
D. Preston hits 2 HR's this week, it will relieve pressure, Preston is a capable 4th OFer, RF remains a black hole, let's play to win.

clement
Perennial All-Star

Post by clement »

picasso wrote:
IMO
A. Tony is stubborn
B. I agree no changes this week, Tony is very deliberate.
C. Releasing So and promoting Rodriguez would at least say "last year is over, let's present the best team to win this year!"
D. Preston hits 2 HR's this week, it will relieve pressure, Preston is a capable 4th OFer, RF remains a black hole, let's play to win.
Maybe I'm stubborn too. I wouldn't release So or Wilson to call up Rodriguez, at least not in the next 7 days. I might have preferred sending Skip down instead of Rodriguez. But aside from that, I think it's prudent to let Wilson and Taguchi prove their worth or lack thereof before anointing Rodriguez the primary 4th outfielder (and starter for the next month at least) of this team.