What changes @ Busch have you noticed and like/dislike?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
mcgee51taguchi99
Perennial All-Star
Location: Crying/injoyin watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!!

What changes @ Busch have you noticed and like/dislike?

Post by mcgee51taguchi99 »

My favorite has gotta be no text messages. As much as I hated them I caught myself looking over a lot last season. Hoping this continues on and wasn't just for the first series.

The championship tribute on top of the scoreboard in right looks great too. It wasn't overdone and looks like it's been there since day one.

Conversely the bleachers added in LF suck - they're definitely better than the temporary bleachers from the playoffs, but that was a great place for huge groups of people with SRO to gather and watch the game together.

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

The lack of hitting by the home team

businessmansspecial
Perennial All-Star

Post by businessmansspecial »

I like the new flags. They're pretty. :lol:

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

My favorite has gotta be no text messages
I could've sworn they had them but maybe they were just the bday messages on the side boards.

bleacherbum
Everyday Player

Re: What changes @ Busch have you noticed and like/dislike?

Post by bleacherbum »

I complained to the Bleacher Nazi that works there. It really sucks having those extra cheap bleachers added, they look like they came from a county fair and they are in the way. Fans that want to stretch and watch the game from behind the regular bleacher seats now stand in the isle to catch the game and it is congested. I had to shove a dumpster out of the way to get to 595 Tuesday night.

Conversely the bleachers added in LF suck - they're definitely better than the temporary bleachers from the playoffs, but that was a great place for huge groups of people with SRO to gather and watch the game together.[/quote]

stlmark
Perennial All-Star

Post by stlmark »

My first time at Busch was opening day, so I can compare it in person to last year. Anyway, I think the World Championship on the scoreboard in rightfield was fantastic.

mcgee51taguchi99
Perennial All-Star
Location: Crying/injoyin watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!!

Post by mcgee51taguchi99 »

cardinalkarp wrote:I could've sworn they had them but maybe they were just the bday messages on the side boards.
Yep those caught my eye Tue night and they were indeed bday messages. The spot where the text messages were last year was occupied by the Opening Series 2007 logo in all 3 games.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

mcgee51taguchi99 wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:I could've sworn they had them but maybe they were just the bday messages on the side boards.
Yep those caught my eye Tue night and they were indeed bday messages. The spot where the text messages were last year was occupied by the Opening Series 2007 logo in all 3 games.
That could quickly be replaced by text messages again I'm thinking. I bet they make a killing off those things.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

cardinalkarp wrote:
mcgee51taguchi99 wrote:
That could quickly be replaced by text messages again I'm thinking. I bet they make a killing off those things.
Text messages?

Are they legible messages? Or are they "OMG wlsn u suk lol"?

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

letsgocards89 wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
mcgee51taguchi99 wrote:
Text messages?

Are they legible messages? Or are they "OMG wlsn u suk lol"?
They should be but they edit those out.