Last night was our last meaningful game.

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Knot Hole Gang Vet
In perpetuum

Last night was our last meaningful game.

Post by Knot Hole Gang Vet »

As I watched the game with the Mets, I got the feeling that our guys were really charged up. I think that we wanted to show that we were not going to roll over, just because we are out of the playoffs. Sort of a last hoorah, before the Pirates series, which will mean nothing to either of us.

The Mets seem to be doing a repeat of our 2006 end of season, losing all these games when you had a pretty decent cushion going. Some one said they lost 7 games in the standings in 2 weeks. Shows you how much things can change in such a short time

If Mulder is coming back from the same type injury that Pedro had, I hope he can crank it up a bit more next year. Pujols seemed to be drooling to get into the batters box and take a few whacks at that low 80's fastball. He gave the ball a big ride every at bat.

Pinerio looked very good in his audition for 2008- I hope we keep him. I don't see too much out there that would be any better.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Re: Last night was our last meaningful game.

Post by Hungary Jack »

I really wish our final series was vs. the Cubs or Brewers. I was pretty fired up by our last game against Milwaukee, and the game vs. the Mets. These guys are still competing despite the craptastic lineup. I really wish the last series had an impact on the pennant race.