My world has been shattered: Ismael Valdez did 'roids

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
BW23
Hall Of Famer

Re: My world has been shattered: Ismael Valdez did 'roids

Post by BW23 »

cardinalkarp wrote:I just don't understand this. Almost all of these players are being busted from the same steriod ring. Why wouldn't all these names come out at the same time if they're looking into this agency? Wouldn't they just go down a gigantic list of customers that had been issued steriods/HGH and pluck out the professional athletes.

I'm just getting tired of hearing about it, who cares at this point.
The lists probably have tens of thousands of people on it. It's not just MLB players. That's part of it. Then verifying who they are, when it happened, what was purchased, etc. This ring had nothing to do with professional sports. (And I'm assuming it's the ring that included Ankiel. I know I heard one someone speaking about that ring on XM radio a few days after Ankiel's name leaked.)

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

BW23 wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:I just don't understand this. Almost all of these players are being busted from the same steriod ring. Why wouldn't all these names come out at the same time if they're looking into this agency? Wouldn't they just go down a gigantic list of customers that had been issued steriods/HGH and pluck out the professional athletes.

I'm just getting tired of hearing about it, who cares at this point.
The lists probably have tens of thousands of people on it. It's not just MLB players. That's part of it. Then verifying who they are, when it happened, what was purchased, etc. This ring had nothing to do with professional sports. (And I'm assuming it's the ring that included Ankiel. I know I heard one someone speaking about that ring on XM radio a few days after Ankiel's name leaked.)
Do you think that place just handed out steriods and HGH to 10's of thousands of people?

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

Yep.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

MDCardsFan wrote:
clement wrote: I'm almost to the point of assuming that there was a better than 50% chance of using steroids on any given player who played at any point over the past 10-15 years. I really can't think of any name that would surprise me, including all of our beloved Cardinals.

So Taguchi!
David Eckstein.

Jake
Veteran Player
Location: Down by the river; Down by the banks of the river Schuylkill

Post by Jake »

If Jose Guillen was taking 'roids in '97, you wouldn't be hearing about 16 straight losing seasons in Pittsburgh.

PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer

Post by PujolJunkie »

obucard wrote:
MDCardsFan wrote:
clement wrote: I'm almost to the point of assuming that there was a better than 50% chance of using steroids on any given player who played at any point over the past 10-15 years. I really can't think of any name that would surprise me, including all of our beloved Cardinals.

So Taguchi!
David Eckstein.
Marty Mason.