3%
Ludwick
16%

Total votes: 37

GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer

If you had to deal one...

Post by GatewaySnayke »

Say the Cardinals could be getting a decent return for one of their outfielders. Which of Schumaker, Ankiel and Ludwick do you give up?

I think it was in the offseason when there was a poll about who would you keep between Duncan and Ankiel. But since that is history...

clement
Perennial All-Star

Re: If you had to deal one...

Post by clement »

Obviously it's Schumaker, but you'd get the least return for him too. Schumaker is having a nice season, but the other two are all-star candidates.

Swingingbunt
All-Star

Post by Swingingbunt »

I voted Schumaker, but with one caveat...
Ankiel is a Boras client. If there is no chance of him signing/giving us a bit of a break for all the years the FO stuck with him then I'd change my vote to Ankiel.

Phyrkrakr
All-Star

Post by Phyrkrakr »

I voted for Ludwick, and it's based purely on likelihood of future performance. Out of all three, I think Ludwick is the one who's going to regress the furthest. He's also the oldest (he'll be 30 next year) and I believe he's the closest to free agency, as well. Besides, as an All-Star, he'll also get us the highest return if he were to be dealt.

New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Post by New Pagodi »

Ankiel. Both he and Colby may have a good enough bat to be above average center, but both will probably be average at the corners. And so it doesn't make sense to keep both. Add in the fact that he will be looking for Torii Hunter's contract after next year.

New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Post by New Pagodi »

Phyrkrakr wrote:I think Ludwick is the one who's going to regress the furthest. He's also the oldest (he'll be 30 next year) and I believe he's the closest to free agency, as well.
Coming into the season, Ankiel had 4.033 years of service time and Ludwick had 2.109 years. So, assuming continuous employment for both, Ankiel will be a free agent after the '09 season and Ludwick will be a free agent after the '11 season.

jealousblues
AAA Minor League Player

Post by jealousblues »

I think a more interesting question would be Ank, Rasmus, Luddy...

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

Ludwick would get the most return.

GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer

Post by GatewaySnayke »

I'd have to think Ankiel would get the highest return, but Skip is the one I'd part with.

Phyrkrakr
All-Star

Post by Phyrkrakr »

New Pagodi wrote:
Phyrkrakr wrote:I think Ludwick is the one who's going to regress the furthest. He's also the oldest (he'll be 30 next year) and I believe he's the closest to free agency, as well.
Coming into the season, Ankiel had 4.033 years of service time and Ludwick had 2.109 years. So, assuming continuous employment for both, Ankiel will be a free agent after the '09 season and Ludwick will be a free agent after the '11 season.
Thanks for that. I'm not sure how time on the ML DL affects service time, but I thought that would have upped his service time higher than that.