7/31/2008-Cardinals (Piñeiro) at Braves (Hampton) 6:10 CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Re: 7/31/2008-Cardinals (Piñeiro) at Braves (Hampton) 6:10 CT

Post by docellis »

Cronos69 wrote:Pineiro is quickly moving up on my [expletive] list, though. Given a lead time and time again and just vomits it right back up the next inning or so. Wainwright may have to take his place when he comes back.
I'm repeating myself, but I find it amusing so: Kilcoyne calls Pineiro the "re-gifter", everytime Pineiro gets a lead, he promptly wraps it up, puts a bow on it and gives it away.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

docellis wrote:
Cronos69 wrote:Pineiro is quickly moving up on my [expletive] list, though. Given a lead time and time again and just vomits it right back up the next inning or so. Wainwright may have to take his place when he comes back.
I'm repeating myself, but I find it amusing so: Kilcoyne calls Pineiro the "re-gifter", everytime Pineiro gets a lead, he promptly wraps it up, puts a bow on it and gives it away.
And to think we were ready to call Franklin "The Equalizer" when Piñeiro was right under our noses.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

I was busy and didn't catch the game, was sending Pineiro back out for the 6th as bad a decision as it looked from checking the box score? He seemed to be giving up a ton of baserunners and walking a fine line beforehand.

Losing sucks...

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

phinstd wrote:I was busy and didn't catch the game, was sending Pineiro back out for the 6th as bad a decision as it looked from checking the box score? He seemed to be giving up a ton of baserunners and walking a fine line beforehand.

Jimenez and Pineiro suck...
Fixed

pujols4mvp
Veteran Player

Post by pujols4mvp »

New Pagodi wrote:
phinstd wrote:Motte has been lights out lately. Perez has the best stuff of any of our reliever's. Worrell was more effective.

Yet, good old Kelvin Jimenez seems to continue to get their call. Amazing.
Completely unrelated, but have you had a chance to see Justin Fiske pitch?
He's a stud 3 levels this year thrown into the starter job recently at Springfield. Could pull off a K-Mac and make the team next year. Would love to see if they continue starting him or put him back in the pen.

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

docellis wrote:
Nice. I'm always game for a Seinfeld reference.

phins

Post by phins »

pujols4mvp wrote:
New Pagodi wrote:
phinstd wrote:Motte has been lights out lately. Perez has the best stuff of any of our reliever's. Worrell was more effective.

Yet, good old Kelvin Jimenez seems to continue to get their call. Amazing.
Completely unrelated, but have you had a chance to see Justin Fiske pitch?
He's a stud 3 levels this year thrown into the starter job recently at Springfield. Could pull off a K-Mac and make the team next year. Would love to see if they continue starting him or put him back in the pen.
He's had good results for sure, but I don't see him having this kind of talent when I've watched him. He's more of a "guts" guy who thrives on location and a good changeup.

GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer

Post by GatewaySnayke »

I was premature on predicting Pineiro's suckitude. I thought he would get lambasted at the start of the season and have an ERA in the high 5s, low 6s before the Cardinals Kip'd him and banished him to the Garbage Time List. His performance in July was embarrassing. Six of his last seven starts have seen the opposing team get 10 hits or more.

And the thing that he sucked at last year -- giving up home runs -- has not improved. I wonder how pissed he's going to be if Wainwright comes back to the rotation. Shame on you, Mozeliak. I can't believe you thought Flukey McFlukester was worth it.

New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Post by New Pagodi »

phinstd wrote:He's had good results for sure, but I don't see him having this kind of talent when I've watched him. He's more of a "guts" guy who thrives on location and a good changeup.
Thanks.

phins

Post by phins »

New Pagodi wrote:
phinstd wrote:He's had good results for sure, but I don't see him having this kind of talent when I've watched him. He's more of a "guts" guy who thrives on location and a good changeup.
Thanks.
No worries. Little guy who throws mid to upper 80's, with a good changeup. When he's got his control of inside fastball, his changeup will get him a ton of K's. Wish he had a better breaking ball, he could be deadly on lefties if he did. Going off my eye, and not looking at stats, I'd say he'd be just as good against righties as he would lefties. Love to see an Indy guy come out of nowhere in one season, climbing three levels, and making the team take notice enough to have Luhnow force Pop to put him into the rotation.

They certainly see something to do that, right?