Carpenter Has Another Surgery...

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Re: Carpenter Has Another Surgery...

Post by Spider John »

jim wrote:
Leroy wrote:Thanks Palletta.
I have no idea what you mean, your posts or so short that they leave so much to the imagination, so let me ask two questions. One of them should fit....

Why do you think Paletta is to blame for Carpenters injuries/arm problems?

or

Why do you think Paletta is to be credited for diagnosing and curing another one of Carpenters arrm problems?
I believe this is said with the same feeling as "stupid Paletta", a general opinion that everything that happens is the fault of his lack of doctoring skills. I suspect it's being said in jest.

We're hearing the same kind of stuff we always hear when there may be a setback by a player, mainly, "everything's OK, nothing to worry about, it'll be fine". And maybe it will be, but who can tell with this team when it comes to telling the truth concerning injuries.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

there was discussion when all the Peavy stuff was going on that we weren't going to go after anyone until we knew what to expect from Carp, which wasn't going to be until after the new year when all the good pitchers will probably be gone anyway.
Mo has made it very clear that he was going to wait until his exam in November before deciding on his strategy. Bad results in November? Then he's publicly stated that he'll reevaluate going after better pitching. Good result in November? Then he'll likely go after low hanging fruit in January.

I don't really know how this procedure will affect the exam in November. By itself, it won't affect his return next year. That still hinges on the nerve situation in his shoulder, and that's still the question that drives the offseason plans.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Leroy wrote:Thanks Palletta.
I'm probably one of the biggest Paletta bashers on this board as I think he's incompetent to say the least. But, Carps had questionable mechanics throughout his career and his health problems started well before he arrived in StL.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I have no medical background and am not in the least bit familiar with his case, so I can't say.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

No one understands that Palletta is to blame for every Cardinal injury and the global economic crisis?

mcgee51taguchi99
Perennial All-Star
Location: Crying/injoyin watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!!

Post by mcgee51taguchi99 »

1) It's Leroy (not bashing, just saying)
2)
3) Thanks, Izzy

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

Leroy wrote:No one understands that Palletta is to blame for every Cardinal injury and the global economic crisis?
Palletta also created the global shortage of beer hops, and emits 94% of the world's carbon dioxide.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I'm going to punch my computer the next time I read the phrase "low hanging fruit."

Just a heads up.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Actually, Paletta coined the phrase "low hanging fruit".

I think I heard cardsfanin82's computer crash, literally.