Does it bother you when Cubs fans outnumber Brewers fans at

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Does it bother you when Cubs fans outnumber Brewers fans at

Post by Popeye_Card »

GatewaySnayke wrote:I've never heard a bad word about PNC. If only they would put a good baseball team in there, though.
Half of the reason why PNC is so great is that you can get primo seats for like $20 because the Pirates stink.

It's a nice stadium outside of that, but cheap awesome seats freely available is a big bonus.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Popeye_Card wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:I've never heard a bad word about PNC. If only they would put a good baseball team in there, though.
Half of the reason why PNC is so great is that you can get primo seats for like $20 because the Pirates stink.

It's a nice stadium outside of that, but cheap awesome seats freely available is a big bonus.

I have been told that the top of the upper deck there is about the same level as the start of the 3rd deck in St. Louis. Awesome seats are nice, but I've heard that there really are no bad seats.

Unlike the brochures say, I contend most of these new stadiums have bad seats. Chase Field for example has the biggest upper deck that I have ever seen - over 40 rows high. It starts low, but where most places would have created another deck they just kept going. St. Louis is up there too, too high I think.

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

jim wrote:
I have been told that the top of the upper deck there is about the same level as the start of the 3rd deck in St. Louis. Awesome seats are nice, but I've heard that there really are no bad seats.
I only walked around behind the home plate area, but yes, the upper deck was a lot closer to the action. Felt more like a minor league park than a major league stadium. It also only seats right around 40k, IIRC.

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

I have a friend who went to PNC and complained about it. His gripe was that since nobody was there, and it was so easy to get great seats, it made it feel like he was going to a minor league game.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

JL21 wrote:I have a friend who went to PNC and complained about it. His gripe was that since nobody was there, and it was so easy to get great seats, it made it feel like he was going to a minor league game.
I had an epiphany two weeks ago in Arizona. I actually prefer baseball being played in that type of setting - strip it of all of the frills and get it down to it's basic. I like putting my feet on the dugout and hearing some guy say "I GOT IT" and a 3B coach saying "Head down". I would rather watch a game with 100 people any day. I'm planning a trip to Arizona this fall because I understand the AFL league is just that - 100 maybe in attendance and probably 1/2 of those are scouts.

There is something about a quiet ballpark with only the sounds of the game that gets me. I enjoy minor league games more than MLB games, but if I could get MLB talent at a minor league game that would be even better. That is what ST is ... minor league crowds and environment with an outfield of Hunter, Vlad, and Abreu.

Popeye_Card

Post by Popeye_Card »

JL21 wrote:I have a friend who went to PNC and complained about it. His gripe was that since nobody was there, and it was so easy to get great seats, it made it feel like he was going to a minor league game.
It's pretty akin to watching your favorite team (the Cardinals) face off in an exhibition game against a minor league team. Except that it counts.

And in my case, Hermanson happened.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

jim wrote:Every single person I have ever known that went to PNC ranks that park #1.

Of the new parks I have been to I would rank them:
1. St. Louis
2. Arizona
3. Chicago
4. Milwaukee.

edit .. cronos, I agree with the food comment. If I ranked parks on food I would go:
1. HoHoKam in Mesa
2. Miller Park.
3. Chicago WSox

The top two standout though, food wise.
I prefer Camden to PNC. With that said, PNC is 2nd.

UK
Perennial All-Star

Post by UK »

Of the new parks I've been to.

Camden
PNC
Petco
Pac Bell/SBC/ATT
Minute Maid
Comerica
Busch III
Jacobs
National Bank (Philly)
Ballpark in Arlington
Chase
US Cellular
GABP
Miller

dangerous
Perennial All-Star

Post by dangerous »

Petco has upper deck aisle seats that are behind a plexiglass barrier that partially obscures the view.