Tyler Greene up; Lohse DL'd

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song

Re: Tyler Greene up; Lohse DL'd

Post by Jmodene »

I admit I haven't been much impressed with Greene prior to this season - which is why I wasn't ready to hand him the SS job just because he had a good few weeks in the Arizona Fall League last October and November - but he seems to be putting it all together at last.

Someone pointed out some weeks ago that Tyler had had some injury issues earlier in his career. Is this correct, and how serious were they? Serious enough to retard his development as a ballplayer? I should know this stuff, but in Tyler's case I can't remember.

Still, I'm glad he's doing well and could now be of some use to us, especially after what's happened with poor Khalil.

New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Post by New Pagodi »

Jmodene wrote:Someone pointed out some weeks ago that Tyler had had some injury issues earlier in his career. Is this correct, and how serious were they? Serious enough to retard his development as a ballplayer? I should know this stuff, but in Tyler's case I can't remember.
The only injury I recall was in 07 where he tore up something in his knee during a swing at bat and collapsed at the plate. I was listening to the game at the game and from the description he was in extreme pain and it was difficult to watch.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

Lohse could be out for a while. Relevant excerpt:
Joe Strauss wrote:Brad Thompson will remain in place as the Cardinals’ fifth starter, according to pitching coach Dave Duncan, while club sources indicate Kyle Lohse is expected to miss a minimum 4 weeks with the possibility of being out through the All-Star break due to a muscle strain in his right forearm.
The Scout's Honor article stated Duncan and La Russa didn't care much for the Memphis alternatives to Thompson.

Tom Glavine is available...

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Four more weeks? Wow. That's a lot of WonderBrad.

Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Post by Hungary Jack »

heyzeus wrote:Four more weeks? Wow. That's a lot of WonderBrad.
[expletive]

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

That injury about derailed his career, because the more he played the more it became apparent that he was a fringe AAAA to begin with. Fringe AAAA guys can't afford any injuries or setbacks, so that one about derailed his career.

Tyler's biggest problem is not past injuries, but hitting.

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

Great. Paul Byrd's probably getting a call tomorrow.