Braun?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
MrSaigon

Re: Braun?

Post by MrSaigon »

Couldn't the conspirators have added the testosterone at the testing facility as well?

I bet we find out Laurenzi is a huge Seattle Pilots fan.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Attorneys, especially those as skilled as David Cornwell, choose their words very carefully. Notice the lack of words such as 'innocent', 'vindicated', or a simple 'he didn't so it'. In other words...'we won on a technicality'.
“Ryan Braun presented a winning defense in the forum that counted. The collector’s attempt to re-litigate his conduct is inappropriate. The landmark decision in Ryan’s favor was based on the evidence & the plain meaning of the words in baseball’s Joint Drug Program. Both Major League Baseball and Major League Baseball Players Association should be applauded because their Joint Program worked.”
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... statement/

btw...he looks like a real dusche in that picture. makes me hate him and the Brewers even more.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

stlouie_lipp wrote:Attorneys, especially those as skilled as David Cornwell, choose their words very carefully. Notice the lack of words such as 'innocent', 'vindicated', or a simple 'he didn't so it'. In other words...'we won on a technicality'.
“Ryan Braun presented a winning defense in the forum that counted. The collector’s attempt to re-litigate his conduct is inappropriate. The landmark decision in Ryan’s favor was based on the evidence & the plain meaning of the words in baseball’s Joint Drug Program. Both Major League Baseball and Major League Baseball Players Association should be applauded because their Joint Program worked.”
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/ ... statement/

btw...he looks like a real dusche in that picture. makes me hate him and the Brewers even more.
So Laurenzi is supposed to lie down and take insinuations that he isn't ethical and should probably lose his job like a man or something?

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

Laurenzi has more credibility than Braun IMO. Braun's lawyer is doing his client more harm IMO

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

Laurenzi...doesn't just collect samples from the Brewers...he also collects samples from the Cubs. And while Braun has called Laurenzi's motives into doubt, several Cubs told the Sun-Times that they trust Laurenzi.

"Just from knowing Dino the three years I've been here, he's been nothing but professional," Cubs infielder Jeff Baker told Gordon Wittenmyer of the Sun-Times. "He's been very, very thorough. I have no concerns and no qualms."

Alfonso Soriano also gave his thumbs up to Laurenzi.

"I'm not worried that it's the same guy," Soriano told the newspaper. "I'm not worried because I know what I take. It doesn't matter who takes the sample. If you don't take nothing, he can take [the specimen] home for a week, and nothing will come out."

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I had heard Laurenzi took samples from 3 players that day. Has anything been said about the other two player samples from that day? I assume they were on his desk in the basement through the weekend as well, did those come up positive too?

Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Post by Maclowery »

Olney wrote up an article saying that almost every player he informally spoke to is has been upset at Braun for attacking the method, and not actually insisting on innocence.

Red-tinted glasses are in effect, as I'm one of many who never liked Braun. Man, I hope this doesn't go away. Dude deserves to be looked upon skeptically for the rest of his career.

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

Maclowery wrote:Olney wrote up an article saying that almost every player he informally spoke to is has been upset at Braun for attacking the method, and not actually insisting on innocence.

Red-tinted glasses are in effect, as I'm one of many who never liked Braun. Man, I hope this doesn't go away. Dude deserves to be looked upon skeptically for the rest of his career.
He will be looked upon Skeptically for the rest of his career by the baseball writers....especially the ones from Boston, NY and Philadelphia....This will not go away by any means

KyCardinalFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by KyCardinalFan »

wart57 wrote:I had heard Laurenzi took samples from 3 players that day. Has anything been said about the other two player samples from that day? I assume they were on his desk in the basement through the weekend as well, did those come up positive too?
I have had the same question and haven't heard anything about it. I was going to ask signthief if there was any mention of it locally because national media seemingly hasn't thought of it yet.

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

Technically, all 3 were supposed to be confidential. I guess whoever leaked Braun's result might know, but nobody was supposed to release any of that.