shameful baseball confessions

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
a_smith
Perennial All-Star

shameful baseball confessions

Post by a_smith »

1) I root for Pujols. I am glad that the cards dont have that contract, but I still love watching him play.
I have watched every Angels game when the cards are not playing.
I still want him to win several MVPs in the next decade. I want him to finish with more HRs than Bonds, 3500 hits, great defense and go down as the 5th or 6th greatest of all time (right after Stan)
I feel dirty for saying that.

2) I root for Boston. I feel extra dirty for saying that. I rooted for Boston in the late 90s and early 2000s because they were the nemesis for NY and I hate the yankees. I had some good friends from Boston and we had good times watching the games. 2004 was brutal. But I have some allegiance to the team because of my friends from Boston.

3) I once thought that Felix Jose was going to be awesome.

4) My favorite part of our GM Mo is that he is a metrosexual.

5) I want all of the cub and brewers fans to never, ever, ever, have a world series win. I know I shouldn't engage in schadenfreude, but I do.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Re: shameful baseball confessions

Post by slide_into_first »

I pray for something terrible to happen to Phil Cuzzi, CB Bucknor, and Angel Hernandez.
I was happy when the Angels won a game against Baltimore in the 1979 ALCS.
I rooted for the Giants in the 2002 World Series.
I miss cookie cutter stadiums from the '60's.

Tom_Brunansky
Veteran Player

Post by Tom_Brunansky »

I got so frustrated after the Rangers took a 3 run lead in game 6 that I turned it off. I called my gf and talked about how great their run was, even though they fell short. I kept up with it a little bit on my iPad, and decided I would turn it on in the bottom of the 9th to see the Rangers celebrate.

Thank God I didn't miss that.

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Post by The Third Man »

I haven't watched a game this year since the opener.

TheoSqua
Next Gen Wart

Post by TheoSqua »

I upset that wainwright had more starting opportunities than Anthony Reyes

Cole Burns
Perennial All-Star

Post by Cole Burns »

Tom_Brunansky wrote:I got so frustrated after the Rangers took a 3 run lead in game 6 that I turned it off. I called my gf and talked about how great their run was, even though they fell short. I kept up with it a little bit on my iPad, and decided I would turn it on in the bottom of the 9th to see the Rangers celebrate.

I did...something else after that 3 run lead. Something to get my mind off of baseball for about half an hour. When I turned it back on, we had just scored again. I thank God I didn't miss the ninth and tenth innings of that game.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

Tom_Brunansky wrote:I got so frustrated after the Rangers took a 3 run lead in game 6 that I turned it off. I called my gf and talked about how great their run was, even though they fell short. I kept up with it a little bit on my iPad, and decided I would turn it on in the bottom of the 9th to see the Rangers celebrate.

Same here. Didn't turn it back on until my girlfriend told me Craig homered in the 8th (is that right?). She was listening to the radio in the back yard. I decided I better watch in case something crazy happens.

Baseball was by far (except for the one season of JFL) my least favorite organized sport to participate in. Loved playing in the side yard or up at the school but 85 degree days pulling those horrible uniforms on, playing at pitiful diamonds in front of no one. Give me basketball any day. Even golf was much more enjoyable.

Don't know if it's shameful at this point but I started disliking Pujols long before he left St Louis.

I absolutely love Wrigley Field and for one summer, when I was married to a Cubs fan, toyed with the idea of rooting for them. Went to one game and tried and, just like is supposed to happen, they blew the game in such a humiliating way that I knew it was never meant to be. Still think it's way more fun to see a game there than in downtown St Louis.

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Post by phins »

I was watching Man Vs. Wild and switched it back just in time to see Freese slapping his hands together on 3B.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I missed both game 6 of the WS and game 7 of the NLCS (2006). Both times headed to NOLA. I'm scheduling trips every weekend this october.

Musial_6_Pujols_5
AA Minor League Player

Post by Musial_6_Pujols_5 »

phins wrote:I was watching Man Vs. Wild and switched it back just in time to see Freese slapping his hands together on 3B.
D'oh!!