Former Cardinals Watch

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Molly wrote:I must be old and out of touch. I have no idea what that means. :lol:
she's a 10...a dime...10 cents...

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

TimeForGuinness wrote:
Molly wrote:I must be old and out of touch. I have no idea what that means. :lol:
she's a 10...a dime...10 cents...
Thanks TFG. FB I knew it was from "The Sandlot." Just didn't get the dime reference until TFG explained it!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Adam Lind thinks “there might be a few more smiles with Colby gone
“They haven’t changed the culture of the clubhouse,” said Adam Lind — traded to the Milwaukee Brewers in November. “They’re my friends, but the guys who still run it are still there. Jose Bautista is the voice among position players and Mark Buehrle runs the starting pitchers.

“There might be a few more smiles with Colby gone.”
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/ ... olby-gone/

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

What is Lind talking about?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- The Colorado Rockies have selected John Axford's contract, adding a veteran reliever with late-inning experience to their bullpen.

Axford, who agreed to a minor league deal last month, gets a $2.6 million, one-year contract with a chance to earn more in performance bonuses. The 31-year-old right-hander was 2-4 with a 3.95 ERA in 62 games with Cleveland and Pittsburgh last year.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12406 ... 26-million

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I wonder if Rasmus hates playing baseball. Like, he has some talent, but he just hates the work and playing, and he'd rather be a MRI technician or a playwright or a veterinarian or something, and his whole life was his dad forcing baseball down his throat and now he just wants to puke every day getting up and going to work. I know that sounds crazy, because who wouldn't want to be a millionaire ballplayer, but maybe he just doesn't want to play.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Could be sort of like the Todd Marinovich situation but with baseball.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

33anda3rd wrote:I wonder if Rasmus hates playing baseball. Like, he has some talent, but he just hates the work and playing, and he'd rather be a MRI technician or a playwright or a veterinarian or something, and his whole life was his dad forcing baseball down his throat and now he just wants to puke every day getting up and going to work. I know that sounds crazy, because who wouldn't want to be a millionaire ballplayer, but maybe he just doesn't want to play.
Ronnie O'Sullivan (world's greatest snooker player) entertained fans throughout most of the 00s with his post-tournament interviews where he said he wanted to be a runner, or a stay-at-home dad, or basically anything but a snooker player. He's calmed down a bit now, but it helps with him that he can enter a tournament having not practiced a bit, with a bad attitude, and still stand a 50% chance of winning the entire thing; something Rasmus doesn't share.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

What the [expletive] is snooker?

EDIT: Googled it - British version of pool. Gotcha.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:I wonder if Rasmus hates playing baseball. Like, he has some talent, but he just hates the work and playing, and he'd rather be a MRI technician or a playwright or a veterinarian or something, and his whole life was his dad forcing baseball down his throat and now he just wants to puke every day getting up and going to work. I know that sounds crazy, because who wouldn't want to be a millionaire ballplayer, but maybe he just doesn't want to play.
Ronnie O'Sullivan (world's greatest snooker player) entertained fans throughout most of the 00s with his post-tournament interviews where he said he wanted to be a runner, or a stay-at-home dad, or basically anything but a snooker player. He's calmed down a bit now, but it helps with him that he can enter a tournament having not practiced a bit, with a bad attitude, and still stand a 50% chance of winning the entire thing; something Rasmus doesn't share.
Yeah but even with Rasmus being a mediocre ball player people actually care about baseball while about 12 people worldwide care about snooker. Watching billiards on TV is about as boring as it can get, and snooker can only be worse.