Former Cardinals Watch

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:There a link on this? I just see forearm strain IL visit. I know that worst case is TJS, but just wondering if there's anything official...
Nothing official, but he’s already seeking a 2nd opinion.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Grichuk got Trop’d

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Grichuk got Trop’d
That was quite a lazy jaunt to pick up the ball, too.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

The Diamondbacks announced Friday that Luke Weaver was diagnosed with a a mild right flexor pronator strain and a mild right UCL sprain.

The good news, is that Weaver will not require surgery -- instead going the conservative route of rest and rehab. The bad news, is that there's still no clear timetable for his return. Some have speculated a time frame of six-to-eight weeks, which seems standard for this type of injury, but the Diamondbacks didn't want to put any sort of schedule on his recovery. While Weaver is hopeful to return to the mound this season, there's no guarantee that will happen.
Source: MLB.com
May 31, 2019, 11:39 PM ET

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Trevor Rosenthal has basically gone full on Ankiel. Bizarre.

https://deadspin.com/trevor-rosenthal-p ... 1835150700

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Meghan Edmonds doesn't trust Jim anymore
Meghan King Edmonds is finally speaking out about the allegations that her husband Jim Edmonds cheated, and she’s laying all of her feelings out on the table.

The Real Housewives of Orange County star, 34, posted a lengthy statement on her blog, following Jim, 48, denying allegations made against him that he cheated on her with a mistress, but admitting that he “engaged in an inappropriate conversation with this person,” as he told US Weekly.

In her blog post, titled “I’m Sad,” Meghan admits that she found about the allegations against her husband when AllAboutTheTea shared them publicly, and reveals that she called her husband, and he reiterated that no physical relationship was had with his alleged mistress, but that he did exchange “lewd photos” with her for several months.

Meghan debunks the claims made by the outlet that she left a voicemail for the mistress, but does reveal that her former MLB husband paid the mistress off to keep it from his wife.

“Do I believe him? I don’t know,” Meghan writes in her blog post. “Because I don’t trust him anymore. Physical or not, he still had an affair and he admits this to me.”

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Gashouse wrote:Meghan Edmonds doesn't trust Jim anymore
Meghan King Edmonds is finally speaking out about the allegations that her husband Jim Edmonds cheated, and she’s laying all of her feelings out on the table.

The Real Housewives of Orange County star, 34, posted a lengthy statement on her blog, following Jim, 48, denying allegations made against him that he cheated on her with a mistress, but admitting that he “engaged in an inappropriate conversation with this person,” as he told US Weekly.

In her blog post, titled “I’m Sad,” Meghan admits that she found about the allegations against her husband when AllAboutTheTea shared them publicly, and reveals that she called her husband, and he reiterated that no physical relationship was had with his alleged mistress, but that he did exchange “lewd photos” with her for several months.

Meghan debunks the claims made by the outlet that she left a voicemail for the mistress, but does reveal that her former MLB husband paid the mistress off to keep it from his wife.

“Do I believe him? I don’t know,” Meghan writes in her blog post. “Because I don’t trust him anymore. Physical or not, he still had an affair and he admits this to me.”
Edmonds is a dickhead. Hopefully she got a good settlement.

I still like the guy though, from a baseball only perspective. He's a notch below Lackey level character wise.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Trevor Rosenthal has basically gone full on Ankiel. Bizarre.

https://deadspin.com/trevor-rosenthal-p ... 1835150700
Edwin Jackson gives up a home run every other inning right now. He has a 17/12 K/HR ratio.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

After 21 years and 11 months with my company I finally won the baseball tickets in a drawing! Originally I won two of the four tickets to Thursday's game against the Marlins but I got lucky. One of the two winners for Sunday's game retired on May 3 and she's no longer eligible so I contacted HR right away to let them know and ask if I could trade my Thursday tickets for her Sunday and then they can redraw for Thursday and they went along with it.

Friday's game would have been ideal with it being Pujols' first game back in St. Louis since he left but Sunday is probably almost as nice since it will most likely be his final game in St. Louis. I doubt he's still playing the next time the Angels make it to town.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

tlombard wrote: Friday's game would have been ideal with it being Pujols' first game back in St. Louis since he left but Sunday is probably almost as nice since it will most likely be his final game in St. Louis. I doubt he's still playing the next time the Angels make it to town.
If they don't sit his lard-ass (no disrespect) on Sunday get-away day. You'd still see him pre-game and in the dugout I guess.