Former Cardinals Watch

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Swirls
gone fission

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Post by Swirls »

So if I'm reading that graph correctly, it looks like Albert is the slowest player in baseball (that had X number of PAs). That would mean that, at this point, Yadi is faster than Albert?

Oof.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Swirls wrote:So if I'm reading that graph correctly, it looks like Albert is the slowest player in baseball (that had X number of PAs). That would mean that, at this point, Yadi is faster than Albert?
Yadi is also faster than Marp.

https://www.facebook.com/kmoxsports/vid ... 292991781/

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Double oof.

misterManager
Everyday Player

Post by misterManager »

Plantar fasciitis is no joke guys.

Also how far out on that first scale Judge is is kind of impressive.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Albert Pujols Is Here for Your Jerseys

by Rian Watt - March 9, 2018
https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagr ... r-jerseys/
That’s Albert Pujols, Los Angeles Angel, standing on second base at Minute Maid Park and looking at Carlos Correa, 15 years his junior. Pujols raises his hands skyward, just above the level of his shoulder. He’s relaxed! He’s casual! He’s definitely not going to do anything to your jersey!

But then, just after the umpire has walked out of the shot, he does. A swing of the left hand gently up to belt level follows (with hindsight, we can see this was a nervous tic, a preparation for the heinous act that was to come), and then, the act itself: a swift tug on the soft white cloth in front of him, first up and then down, with the massive head looking away at first just to maintain, for a moment, the illusion that he is in fact disinterested in the outcome. But of course he isn’t. Not at all. Albert Pujols is here to mess with your jersey.
Readers, I’m going to level with you: I don’t know much. There are so many things I have yet to learn all that much about. But I know this for sure: if a YouTube video called “MLB Friend Joke” contains not one but two clips of Albert Pujols messing with someone else’s jersey, then this kind of thing isn’t an isolated incident. Far from it, in fact. I am sure that our first-base friend has struck many, many times. So I leave it to you, the baseball-watching public — and I am thinking in particular, here, of Angels fans — to send me any clips you have, of any length at all, of this behavior happening out there in the wild. There is a typology of these things out there in the ether, and we’re going to create it together. Godspeed.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

I miss Hazelbaker. He had a sneaky good year again last year for the Diamondbacks off the bench and he's having a decent spring too. 30% K rate is killer but he walks a lot to make up for it.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:I miss Hazelbaker. He had a sneaky good year again last year for the Diamondbacks off the bench and he's having a decent spring too. 30% K rate is killer but he walks a lot to make up for it.
Who will accumulate more WAR in 2018: Hazelbaker or Grichuk?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Magneuris Sierra came out of Wednesday's Grapefruit League game against the Mets due to left hamstring tightness.
Sierra felt something in his hamstring after breaking out of the box on a groundout back to the mound in the bottom of the second inning. If it turns out to be a strain, he might get off to a delayed start this season. The 21-year-old center field prospect was likely going to be ticketed for Double-A Jacksonville or Triple-A New Orleans either way.
Source: Joe Frisaro on Twitter
Mar 14 - 2:22 PM

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Craig Mish of Sirius XM Radio believes that Sandy Alcantara will begin the year in the Marlins' rotation.
Both Adam Conley and Jarlin Garcia were sent down on Friday, so there's certainly evidence that supports Alcantara being one of the Marlins four starters to open the season. Acquired from St. Louis in the Marcel Ozuna trade, Alcantara can miss bats with three pitches, but there are questions about his command and consistency. He's a must-own in dynasty formats, but you might want to play the waiting game before adding him in re-draft leagues.
Source: Craig Mish on Twitter
Mar 16 - 10:43 AM

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Alcantara is starting against the Cardinals today in what could be another step towards his bid for the starting rotation.