GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently January 22 19, 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276
PostPosted: January 10 19, 9:17 am 
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

heyzeus wrote:
I can't believe Jaime is only 32. And also that he's retiring already. I'd like to retire, and I'm substantially older.

I'm going to start teaching my kid to throw a knuckleball as I think that is the easiest path to making the majors and being able to retire at the age of 32. Hitters get drafted, flamethrowers get drafted, kids with athletic ability get drafted. Unfortunately, I don't think my genes will allow him into any of those categories. But, knuckleballers also get drafted because none exist and their ceiling is non-existent. Further, they only have to go about 75 mph which my genes will allow him to do.... SO...that's my plan.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 1:08 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:

White Sox designated OF Charlie Tilson for assignment.
Tilson is a former second-round pick of the Cardinals and once looked like a very promising center field prospect, but the 26-year-old posted a weak .623 OPS in 41 games last season with Chicago and had even worse numbers at Triple-A Charlotte. This move clears a 40-man roster spot for Jon Jay, who was officially signed to a one-year, $4 million free agent contract on Thursday.
Jan 10 - 2:05 PM

PostPosted: January 10 19, 1:31 pm 
99% conan clips

zips projects a powerful season for grichuk

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2019-zips-p ... blue-jays/

PostPosted: January 10 19, 2:14 pm 
Everyday Player

heyzeus wrote:
I can't believe Jaime is only 32. And also that he's retiring already. I'd like to retire, and I'm substantially older.

Me too, but I haven't made $60+ million like Jaime. Crazy.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 2:36 pm 
tl;dr

baseburglerlou wrote:
heyzeus wrote:

Me too, but I haven't made $60+ million like Jaime. Crazy.

When Jaime was healthy he was a really good pitcher. It's just a shame that he couldn't stay healthy.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 3:04 pm 
Everday Unicorn

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:

I'm going to start teaching my kid to throw a knuckleball as I think that is the easiest path to making the majors and being able to retire at the age of 32. Hitters get drafted, flamethrowers get drafted, kids with athletic ability get drafted. Unfortunately, I don't think my genes will allow him into any of those categories. But, knuckleballers also get drafted because none exist and their ceiling is non-existent. Further, they only have to go about 75 mph which my genes will allow him to do.... SO...that's my plan.

The good news is my son is lefthanded. The bad news is he can barely manage to zip up his own coat. #geneticsfail

PostPosted: January 10 19, 3:26 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Jocephus wrote:
zips projects a powerful season for grichuk

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2019-zips-p ... blue-jays/

Doesn't he always fall short of his predictions?

sub .300 OBP and declining defense. Grichuk is a 4th or 5th OF forever.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 3:42 pm 
99% conan clips

i imagine/it feels like he does but still interesting (to me) that projections still like dat power even with all the prior evidence/his limitations. still *just* 27, maybe he can have 1 or 2 solid/more productive seasons (for him). or not.

PostPosted: January 10 19, 3:49 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Jocephus wrote:
i imagine/it feels like he does but still interesting (to me) that projections still like dat power even with all the prior evidence/his limitations. still *just* 27, maybe he can have 1 or 2 solid/more productive seasons (for him). or not.

He definitely has value to a team. I don't think he should get more than 350-400 PAs though. Not with that extreme BB/K ratio.

He has until 31 before ISO takes a dip, His only value besides a little agility on the field/base paths. My man cannot lay off that slider away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276