GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 18 19, 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306  Next
PostPosted: August 1 19, 4:46 pm 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Is this the place where I get to say the big “I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO, LOSERS” about Kelly?

Yes, I think this is the place.

Not that it was a mistake to trade him, but everyone and their cousin was ready to throw him out with the trash last year. Silliness. He isn’t this good but he is going to be just fine at worst.

PostPosted: August 1 19, 4:59 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Fat Strat wrote:
Is this the place where I get to say the big “I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO, LOSERS” about Kelly?

Yes, I think this is the place.

Not that it was a mistake to trade him, but everyone and their cousin was ready to throw him out with the trash last year. Silliness. He isn’t this good but he is going to be just fine at worst.

I certainly thought he'd be decent. I wanted him to get more opportunities and disliked the Yadi extension preventing that. I knew he wouldn't be good without reps.

Praying Knizner can't at least duplicate.

PostPosted: August 1 19, 5:05 pm 
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

I think Knizner will be fine. Kelly might end up being better, but Knizner is going to make it.

PostPosted: August 4 19, 11:36 am 
Hall Of Famer

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/04/tyrell-j ... ame-brawl/

Ex-MLB pitcher Tyrell Jenkins -- a 1st round draft pick in 2010 -- threw crazy haymakers in a huge brawl during a softball game in Texas this week ... and TMZ Sports has the video.

27-year-old Jenkins was a high school superstar who was recruited to play baseball and football at Baylor ... but signed a $1.3 mil contract with the STL Cardinals instead.

He made his MLB debut in 2016 for the Braves ... and kicked around with a few teams before moving back home to coach youth baseball. He's now heavily involved in adult softball.

Getty
Fast-forward to Wednesday ... when things got intense between Jenkins' Kekambas and the opposing team, Big Pimpins, in their USA Softball District 25 game when trash talk escalated into an all-out fight.

We're told gloves were thrown, a Big Pimpins player yelled "we're ready to go when you are" ... and the fight broke out within seconds.

You can see 6'4" Jenkins -- in a red shirt -- in the middle of the brawl. It's insane.

We actually spoke with Jenkins who tells us he got involved to defend his teammate ... and only threw punches after an opponent tried to hit him in the head from behind (which was not captured in our video).

Our softball sources tell us Jenkins, along with 3 other players, received a 1-year suspension from the league for their roles in the brawl.

Two other players got 2 years suspensions.

We're told law enforcement was NOT called to the scene ... and the incident was handled internally.

Jenkins has been a MONSTER in Texas softball scene (which is insanely competitive) ... dude hits bombs.

PostPosted: August 7 19, 11:26 am 
Everday Unicorn

Greg Holland just got DFA'd. Let's sign him and complete the circle.

PostPosted: August 7 19, 3:14 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Tigers designated RHP Trevor Rosenthal for assignment.

Rosenthal owned a 7.00 ERA with the Tigers with a 12/11 K/BB mark and 1.56 WHIP in nine innings. Those numbers are a marked improvement over the disaster that was his time with Washington (22.74 ERA, 5/15 K/BB mark), but still not what you're looking for. Assuming he's released or elects free agency, he'll have a chance to find a new organization to finish 2019.
Aug 7, 2019, 5:08 PM ET

PostPosted: August 7 19, 3:26 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Coming back from TJS, people just assume you’ll be back to normal; but rosey seems like a case that’s that’s not always true

Velocity seems normal from what I’ve read, but the control...sheesh

PostPosted: August 7 19, 5:03 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Holland had at 1.99 on June 12 and now is at 4.54, wow he went from turning it around to sucking again.

PostPosted: August 7 19, 6:11 pm 
Hall Of Famer

cardsfantx wrote:
Coming back from TJS, people just assume you’ll be back to normal; but rosey seems like a case that’s that’s not always true

Velocity seems normal from what I’ve read, but the control...sheesh

He has ankiel-itis. Not as drastic a condition of course, but still, it’s in his head. And he won’t ever regain his form.

PostPosted: August 8 19, 2:56 am 
Perennial All-Star

Rosenthal made 20 million during his career so as long as he's not a total idiot he should be financially fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3056 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306  Next