GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 21 19, 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307  Next
PostPosted: August 8 19, 11:03 am 
Perennial All-Star

Albert Pujols BA dropped to .300 after last night's 1 for 4. The last time his average was this low was before he went two for four in his fifth career game.

PostPosted: August 8 19, 12:17 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Angels claimed LHP Adalberto Mejia off waivers from the Cardinals.

Mejia just got cut from the Angels' 40-man roster on July 26 and is now back in the fold after allowing three earned runs in three innings of relief with St. Louis. He has a 7.54 ERA between three different teams this year.
Aug 8, 2019, 2:03 PM ET

PostPosted: August 8 19, 12:50 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Sean
Zac Gallen looks like he has some really good upside. The fastball and changeup are both excellent pitches and he was using both his cutter and curveball very effectively last night. Where do you see his potential?

Craig Edwards
I think his potential is less in his upside and more in his floor. He's been missing bats, but walking a lot of guys too and his homers aren't going to stay this low forever. I think the strikeouts and walks will both get lower and he'll give up more homers, but should be a pretty reliable at least league average starter.

Quote:
Jobu
Why did the Marlins trade Zac Gallen?

Craig Edwards
They are shooting for upside. We could argue they are selling high on Gallen, who a year and a half ago was the third player in the Ozuna trade and getting Jazz Chisolm, whose status has dropped a bit, but it still considered one of the better prospects in baseball. Eric talked about this a bit in his piece on the trade, but the Marlins are looking for stars. Gallen isn't likely to be a star, but Chisolm could be and those are the types of players the Marlins are looking for. They just need a couple guys to get there and then it is on them to supplement those stars with a decent roster instead of doing wht they did a few years ago. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-marlins ... heir-type/

PostPosted: August 8 19, 4:39 pm 
Master of Hyperbole

Tommy Pham stats since trade a year ago:

.881 OPS
139 wRC+
5.1 WAR

Would lead the team in everything.

*Biggest sigh in the world*

PostPosted: August 8 19, 5:08 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Big Amoco Sign wrote:

.881 OPS
139 wRC+
5.1 WAR

Would he have played that well for the Cardinals? I haven't been following him at all since he left - what's his take on the Ray's management? He was such a red ass here, could that have gotten in his way?

PostPosted: August 8 19, 5:13 pm 
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

.881 OPS
139 wRC+
5.1 WAR

Would he have played that well for the Cardinals? I haven't been following him at all since he left - what's his take on the Ray's management? He was such a red ass here, could that have gotten in his way?

He was actually better with us.

He's a red ass because of MLB's pay structure. He bets on himself. A guy like that isn't going to let other [expletive] get to him between the lines because that's where he makes his money.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 10:00 am 
Master of Hyperbole

This might belong in "Rants and Raves" but...

The Cardinals letting him rot for years in the minors (don't give me the eye [expletive], it's documented that it isn't affecting him and has been corrected--anyone OPSing that well and fielding that well and running that well can play blind for all I care) is the big problem I have with this org. Praying that Grichuk, Piscotty, Bader, and all these other flash in the pan "Cardinal Way" OFs will succeed and giving them chance after chance. Matheny riding "hot hand" because Pham goes 0 for 4 one night drove me up a damn wall. We gave so many ABs to [expletive] Mark Reynolds and Brandon Moss for no reason. Matt Adams in left field??? Jose Martinez over Pham??? God Mo has to go for that blunder alone. There's a reason Wainwright said he's a leader in the clubhouse. He gets instant respect from his teammates.

Never had an OPS below .840 above AA and usually hovered around .900. His home run against the Cubs in the NLDS was great too.

/rant

PostPosted: August 9 19, 10:33 am 
Hall Of Famer

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
This might belong in "Rants and Raves" but...

The Cardinals letting him rot for years in the minors (don't give me the eye [expletive], it's documented that it isn't affecting him and has been corrected--anyone OPSing that well and fielding that well and running that well can play blind for all I care) is the big problem I have with this org. Praying that Grichuk, Piscotty, Bader, and all these other flash in the pan "Cardinal Way" OFs will succeed and giving them chance after chance. Matheny riding "hot hand" because Pham goes 0 for 4 one night drove me up a damn wall. We gave so many ABs to [expletive] Mark Reynolds and Brandon Moss for no reason. Matt Adams in left field??? Jose Martinez over Pham??? God Mo has to go for that blunder alone. There's a reason Wainwright said he's a leader in the clubhouse. He gets instant respect from his teammates.

Never had an OPS below .840 above AA and usually hovered around .900. His home run against the Cubs in the NLDS was great too.

/rant

Very likely that off the field reasons were a big part of Pham being traded.

PostPosted: August 9 19, 10:34 am 
Hall Of Famer

Yup

PostPosted: August 9 19, 10:54 am 
Master of Hyperbole

Don't care about Mo's inflated ego or Bill's fragile feelings.

The org blew it. All around.

Players over execs. Always.

/rant for real

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3070 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307  Next