GDT 4/6/12-Cardinals (Garcia) @ Brewers (Gallardo) 3:10 CDT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star

Re: GDT 4/6/12-Cardinals (Garcia) @ Brewers (Gallardo) 3:10

Post by longhornbaseball »

This game should be a real Mexican standoff.

ChrisInDC
Everyday Player

Post by ChrisInDC »

In the playoffs last year the one narrative I hadn't heard before was that Jaime tends to get very, very frustrated when things go off-routine on days he starts games, a notion that was floated to explain the discrepancy between his road and home numbers.

So here he is starting a road game with an odd start time. Be interesting to see how he handles it, and if Matheny and Lilly have been able to manage that anxiety.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie

Post by Fat Strat »

The same lineup two days in a row? I don't know how to handle that. We'll see if Matheny decides to use the bench today.

Gotta say, I'm really happy with everything I've seen and heard from Matheny so far. He looks like the real deal to me. Get out of the way and let them play.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It is definitely different to not see the lineups posted followed by a bunch of complaints and second guessing before the game even starts.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

There's gotta be something for us to [expletive] about...just can't put my finger on it.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Same lineup minus the pitcher as opening night.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

I think either the Brewers or Reds win the division, with the Cards finishing no better than third. No LaBooza, no Duncan, no Poopholes, not to mention Carpenter on the DL...I think the Cards are in for a big fall before the season is over.
And I'll be loving it.

doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Post by doe_boy »

The Cardinals chance for an undefeated season continues tonight.

Can they win? Will they win?

I sure hope so.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I can't wait to be listening to the Cards radio broadcast in just under an hour. Figured I would listen in to some of the Yankees at Rays and started with the Yankees broadcast and I don't know who this lady they have is but she is annoying the mess out of me. Horrible. Smacking her lips. Clearing her throat. Aren't they supposed to have a button for when they need to cough or whatever? I just hope she isn't actually part of the broadcast team once the game starts.

clake
All-Star

Post by clake »

tlombard wrote:I can't wait to be listening to the Cards radio broadcast in just under an hour. Figured I would listen in to some of the Yankees at Rays and started with the Yankees broadcast and I don't know who this lady they have is but she is annoying the mess out of me. Horrible. Smacking her lips. Clearing her throat. Aren't they supposed to have a button for when they need to cough or whatever? I just hope she isn't actually part of the broadcast team once the game starts.
The Yankees radio broadcast is probably the worst radio broadcast in baseball... The tv side kinda sucks too.