Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
signthief
Veteran Player

I hate the Cardinals

Post by signthief »

Who's with me?

Chris Carpenter kicks his dog.

:D

Seriously though, will you [expletive] sign Kyle Lohse before the Brewers do? Pretty please?

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Re: I hate the Cardinals

Post by JoeMcKim »

Boras seems to be playing chicken with Lohse's livelihood, he only has a few years left in him and not it's half way thru ST and he still doesn't have a contract. Just cut your losses and sign a 1 year deal with anyone who'll give it to you.

doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Post by doe_boy »

JoeMcKim wrote:Boras seems to be playing chicken with Lohse's livelihood, he only has a few years left in him and not it's half way thru ST and he still doesn't have a contract. Just cut your losses and sign a 1 year deal with anyone who'll give it to you.
That's been his M.O. with most of his non-elite clients. He doesn't look for the best situation but, always, the most money. Even if it doesn't fit in with the particular clients best intersests.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Boras basically [expletive] over Jason Bay making him sign in NY which was a terrible fit for him.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

JoeMcKim wrote:Boras basically [expletive] over Jason Bay making him sign in NY which was a terrible fit for him.
Boras also basically [expletive] over the Mets by convincing them to sign Jason Bay, who was a terrible fit for them.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Good

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Bay went from an All Star player the previous season to being a replacement level talent in one season. Talk about dramatic declines in production, that's the biggest one I've ever seen.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I don't see how it's possible to hate the Cardinals. In fact, I don't see how it's possible not to LOVE the Cardinals. The Cardinals are the best. The Brewers, Cubs, Reds, Giants, Mets, and Canada all suck.

God I hate Canada.

signthief
Veteran Player

Post by signthief »

Oh it's possible. I don't actually hate the Cardinals at all though. I was just trying to fit into the whole "winter of hate".

I do hate Carpenter. That's all I got though.

And Canada. Canada sucks.

Cole Burns
Perennial All-Star

Post by Cole Burns »

Waitaminute...Don't you guys hate Molina too? Or is that the Reds. I know the Reds hate Molina for standing up toe their scum. But I though the Brew-Crew hated Molina, too.