GDT 10/14/13-Cardinals (Wainwright) @ Dodgers (Ryu) 7:07 CDT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: GDT 10/14/13-Cardinals (Wainwright) @ Dodgers (Ryu) 7:07

Post by lukethedrifter »

Popeye_Card wrote:
jagtrader wrote:
pioneer98 wrote:I think the reason Puig doesn't bug me is because it really isn't malicious - he's not trying to show anyone up (even if he is). He's just that excited about himself.
This was my feeling. It's not annoying because he's a child in a man's body.
It annoys me, because if a 12 year old did it in a little league game, he should probably get a lecture about sportsmanship. When a grown ass man does it, it is head-shakingly ridiculous. Grow the [expletive] up.

There's enthusiasm, then there's what Puig does. There is a clear line that he's crossing into immaturity.
and as Mattingly said, he was prematurely celebrating a home run that he didn't hit.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Fat Strat wrote:I haven't watched much of his antics this year because I really don't watch many non-Cards games. That wall all pretty ridiculous. But, if he just runs out of the box, no bat flip, etc., and then gets to third standing up, and then celebrates the same way, we're not talking about it.
If he runs out of the box that might have been an inside the parker.

I hate the guy. HATE him. Classless punk.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

IMADreamer wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:I haven't watched much of his antics this year because I really don't watch many non-Cards games. That wall all pretty ridiculous. But, if he just runs out of the box, no bat flip, etc., and then gets to third standing up, and then celebrates the same way, we're not talking about it.

Don't you think this is a bit overboard?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:

Don't you think this is a bit overboard?
No. I hate him too. [expletive] him.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

It doesn't bother me if people hate him, but I definitely disagree with the idea that he could've scored.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

haltz wrote:It doesn't bother me if people hate him, but I definitely disagree with the idea that he could've scored.
But it would have been super awesome if Beltran had thrown him out at third.

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

I see Puig as a physically gifted athlete and baseball player. Unfortunately for him, he plays the game with the savvy of a 7 year old.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

lukethedrifter wrote:
haltz wrote:It doesn't bother me if people hate him, but I definitely disagree with the idea that he could've scored.
But it would have been super awesome if Beltran had thrown him out at third.
Better if he had thrown him out at home.

StL
All-Star

Post by StL »

1. Internet Troll

A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Myspace and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer..or report them.

"God, Jeromy won't stop posting about Larry's bad spelling in that conversation."

This definition actually suits you whenever you comment directly to me.

2. Internet Troll

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

You cant go through my post history and make either of these arguments about me. The 'outlandish hyperbole" I often use on here is in no way designed to promote disruption and you know that. "The Cardinals are of the best 3 franchises in the history of sports" its not going to cause conflict....its an outward display of how much I truly have loved this team for 25 years...something I should be able to write without u and I having to do a 'dance." That is what you do whenever u comment to me which is exactly what I meant by 'we can do this dance if you want to" because I know what you're all about. You'll say anything nit picky type of [expletive] when it comes to me. I mean....which am I a giant homer or troll? Cant be both.
cardsfansince82 wrote:
StL wrote:Guess we'll blame jay for not catching that one.
You're a giant homer. We get it.