Saberseminar 2014: Tickets Now Available

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Saberseminar 2014: Tickets Now Available

Post by Jocephus »

for those in the boston area (on August 16th and 17th) who might have an interest

FanGraphs is proud to be the keynote sponsor of this year’s Saberseminar: Sabermetrics, Scouting, and the Science of Baseball. The weekend event takes place in Boston on August 16th and 17th, and the line-up is already looking pretty fantastic. Confirmed speakers include Astros GM Jeff Luhnow, Red Sox GM Ben Cherington and analyst Tom Tippett, physicist Alan Nathan, SABR President Vince Gennaro, noted analyst Mitchel Lichtmans, Dan Brooks, Harry Pavlidis, and others, including Matt Swartz and myself representing FanGraphs.

The event is always a great time, with lots of really interesting presentations and a lot of fantastic people. Even better, however, is that the event is put on entirely as a fundraiser, with 100% of the proceeds going to the Jimmy Fund. Every speaker donates their time and travel costs, and the entire event is put on with the goal of raising as much money for cancer research as possible. So, not only do you get to spend a few days hanging out with other baseball nerds, you get to do so while also helping save lives. It’s a win-win.

Tickets for the weekend start at $140 (and are only $65 if you’re a student, which is an incredible deal), and can be purchased now from their website. If you’re anywhere near the Boston area that weekend, you should absolutely buy a ticket. If you’re not near the Boston area, you should consider coming anyway. It’s a great event, and I couldn’t endorse it any stronger.

I hope to see you guys there.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/sabersem ... available/

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Re: Saberseminar 2014: Tickets Now Available

Post by slide_into_first »

I'd like to go to figure out which one is skmsw.