Matt Moore --> TJS

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: Matt Moore --> TJS

Post by 33anda3rd »

stlouie_lipp wrote:It's no longer a question of if, but when.
How many TJ surgeries for Rays pitchers since Friedman took over? This is maybe not a shocker, but a mild surprise.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

wasn't the cards front office's policy, back in the LaDunca days to draft only pitchers with sounds mechanics? or am i completely making that up

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

go birds wrote:wasn't the cards front office's policy, back in the LaDunca days to draft only pitchers with sounds mechanics? or am i completely making that up
They drafted Jaime, right?

Huh, just learned from his BR page that Jaime went to the HS of one of my client school districts. Neat.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

The Rays have announced that Cesar Ramos will be moving from being the long man out of the bullpen to starting on Sunday, with Erik being called up to take his place in the bullpen. So now, Erik probably won't pitch on Sunday unless Ramos blows up. Which puts me in a strange position: rooting for a player that isn't going to play unless another player performs badly. Erik wouldn't want that, just as he wouldn't have wanted to get called up because of an injury to Matt Moore. When Sidney quit the Long Island Ducks in 2010, I knew it was the end of the road for him. Erik is in a somewhat different position, he is still trying. Of course, I would love to see him perform so well that he gets back in the rotation. The absolute best case scenario would be that he would do so well that he would win Comeback Player of the Year. But I know that is not a realistic expectation. I am probably going to have to face that Erik is going to be out of baseball sooner rather than later. And then, what? I don't know.