What "Price" Glory

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Re: What "Price" Glory

Post by slide_into_first »

Does Will Leitch have a take on the Oscar Tavares situation?

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

Pudgelewis wrote:
Magneto2.0 wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:The fact is Taveras is a freaking child and he's not supposed to be at MLB hitting .300 at his age. He rocketed through the minors, skipped a level, didn't take more than 347 PA at any single minor league level in any single season, and is getting big-time challenged by the best pitchers in the world at an age where most of us are slamming Miller Lite and copping clumsy feels of sorority girls and most professional baseball players are in the minors. Taveras is five months younger than Kris Bryant. Expecting him to be Trout and just set the world on fire in his first 100 PA* is setting too high an expectation for him.

*Oh wait.....the best player in baseball the last 2.5 years kind of sucked in his first partial season. 220/281/390.
HA! Just posted this. Thank you! People freakin' out because he hasn't hit yet are being ridiculous. I just hope the Cardinals brass don't feel the pressure to solidify the division this year and make a rash decision like trading Oscar Tavares for anyone that last name doesn't rhyme with Stanton.
Are you [expletive] insane? I'm not trading Taveras for Joe [expletive] Blanton!
Damn it! Lol I forgot he existed

Pudgelewis
Perennial All-Star

Post by Pudgelewis »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
Pudgelewis wrote:
Magneto2.0 wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:The fact is Taveras is a freaking child and he's not supposed to be at MLB hitting .300 at his age. He rocketed through the minors, skipped a level, didn't take more than 347 PA at any single minor league level in any single season, and is getting big-time challenged by the best pitchers in the world at an age where most of us are slamming Miller Lite and copping clumsy feels of sorority girls and most professional baseball players are in the minors. Taveras is five months younger than Kris Bryant. Expecting him to be Trout and just set the world on fire in his first 100 PA* is setting too high an expectation for him.

*Oh wait.....the best player in baseball the last 2.5 years kind of sucked in his first partial season. 220/281/390.
HA! Just posted this. Thank you! People freakin' out because he hasn't hit yet are being ridiculous. I just hope the Cardinals brass don't feel the pressure to solidify the division this year and make a rash decision like trading Oscar Tavares for anyone that last name doesn't rhyme with Stanton.
Are you [expletive] insane? I'm not trading Taveras for Joe [expletive] Blanton!

Damn it! Lol I forgot he existed
Lol! Not even sure why I thought of him. I know so little about him I had to look just to make sure he was still playing.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Taveras needs to play every day. I really hope Mo does not do this move. Taveras is not Colby Rasmus. And Price is going to be really good for another few years and then he'll probably burn out like Verlander or so many others.

Malin
Everyday Player

Post by Malin »

So now we're already declaring Taveras the best player in baseball ? Brilliant.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Malin wrote:So now we're already declaring Taveras the best player in baseball ? Brilliant.
The [expletive]?

Pudgelewis
Perennial All-Star

Post by Pudgelewis »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Malin wrote:So now we're already declaring Taveras the best player in baseball ? Brilliant.
The [expletive]?
That's not what you read? It's obvious. [/blue font]