Brewers just lost

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Brewers just lost

Post by Radbird »

Molly wrote:
Radbird wrote:If we used this thread for its intended purpose, seeing it close to the top of page one would make me feel better.
And would make me say "Dammit!! Another blown chance to be in 1st place!!!!!"

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman, the Brewers claimed first baseman Justin Morneau off waivers but were unable to work out a trade with the Rockies.
Morneau would have been a huge addition for the current National League Central leaders, but the Brewers don't have many intriguing pieces in their farm system and the Rockies were probably seeking a significant return given that Morneau is under contract through 2015 with a team-friendly option for 2016. Morneau, 33, is batting .317/.360/.500 with 14 home runs and 69 RBI in 112 games this season for Colorado.
Related: Brewers
Source: CBS Sports
Aug 28 - 9:27 AM

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Milwaukee Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said he might as well have thrown in the towel in the second inning Wednesday of a 10-inning, 3-2 loss to the San Diego Padres.

Thanks to plate umpire Mark Ripperger, who "we've had before, and he is terrible behind home plate," Roenicke's efforts were apparently futile.

Roenicke was able to keep his cool until the ninth inning, however, when Padres catcher Rene Rivera tied the game 2-2 with a solo home run.

With at least seven teams standing within striking distance of five playoff spots in the National League -- where the Brewers and Roenicke lead the Central by 1½ games with a month to play -- each game counts.

But Roenicke was tossed for arguing about the first two pitches in Rivera's at-bat, which Ripperger had called balls.

"He calls pitches that aren't even close," Roenicke said. "The catcher sets up 6 inches off the plate and he calls them strikes."
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11422 ... ible-plate

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

How maddening would it be to be a Brewers fan? The team chasing you loses two out of three at home to the Chicago Cubs ... the CHICAGO CUBS ... and they gain ground on you.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Just lost 15-5.

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

Milwaukee has lost five straight.

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mil/bre ... y=news_mil
SAN FRANCISCO -- After experiencing an alarming "pop" in his left wrist during a Sunday strikeout, Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez needs further tests to determine whether he will miss time for a struggling team trying to hold on to first place in its division.

Gomez was hurt on a swinging strike two in the third inning against Giants left-hander Madison Bumgarner. Gomez continued the at-bat, doing a full 360-degree spin and dropping his bat on a swinging strike three before conferring with Brewers head athletic trainer Dan Wright back in the dugout.

Gerardo Parra took over in center field and played the rest of the Brewers' 15-5 loss.

"When I do my follow-through normal, I always let go with one hand. And I got stuck and I felt a pop," Gomez said of the swing in question. "When I felt it pop, it was a shooting pain. I had X-rays, which were negative, so it might be a nerve kind of twisted. Today, we don't think it's something bad."

Milwaukee's leadoff hitter for most of this season, Gomez is 4-for-20 so far on the Brewers' penultimate road trip, including a first-inning single Sunday on a bunt that Gomez popped up in the direction of third base. But he entered the day worth 4.8 wins above replacement, by the FanGraphs.com measure, good for seventh in the National League

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

Cumulative score for the weekend: Giants 31, Brewers 8

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Brewers play @ Wrigley for 3 starting tomorrow. After seeing the Cubs this weekend, I think the Brewers will have their hands full.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

fanforever wrote:http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mil/bre ... y=news_mil
SAN FRANCISCO -- After experiencing an alarming "pop" in his left wrist during a Sunday strikeout, Brewers center fielder Carlos Gomez needs further tests to determine whether he will miss time for a struggling team trying to hold on to first place in its division.

Gomez was hurt on a swinging strike two in the third inning against Giants left-hander Madison Bumgarner. Gomez continued the at-bat, doing a full 360-degree spin and dropping his bat on a swinging strike three before conferring with Brewers head athletic trainer Dan Wright back in the dugout.

Gerardo Parra took over in center field and played the rest of the Brewers' 15-5 loss.

"When I do my follow-through normal, I always let go with one hand. And I got stuck and I felt a pop," Gomez said of the swing in question. "When I felt it pop, it was a shooting pain. I had X-rays, which were negative, so it might be a nerve kind of twisted. Today, we don't think it's something bad."

Milwaukee's leadoff hitter for most of this season, Gomez is 4-for-20 so far on the Brewers' penultimate road trip, including a first-inning single Sunday on a bunt that Gomez popped up in the direction of third base. But he entered the day worth 4.8 wins above replacement, by the FanGraphs.com measure, good for seventh in the National League
What a wuss. One if his joints popped ( like popping your knuckles) and he took himself out of an important game.