The Cards should watch Games 5 and 6 of 2013 WS to motivate

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
redpeppers5000
Everyday Player

The Cards should watch Games 5 and 6 of 2013 WS to motivate

Post by redpeppers5000 »

The Cardinals are 71-62, 2nd in the National League Central. They should be winning these games against the Cubs, which they aren't right now. I think before every game for the rest of the season, they should watch Games 5 and 6 of the 2013 WS as motivation, to get back playoffs and finish it up with a World Series title. Thoughts?

fanforever
Retired

Re: The Cards should watch Games 5 and 6 of 2013 WS to motiv

Post by fanforever »

The Royals, after a 14-11 April, the team went 12-17 in May. During that period of time they fired their hitting coach and demoted and re-promoted third baseman Mike Moustakas.....

Pudgelewis
Perennial All-Star

Post by Pudgelewis »

redpeppers5000 wrote:The Cardinals are 71-62, 2nd in the National League Central. They should be winning these games against the Cubs, which they aren't right now. I think before every game for the rest of the season, they should watch Games 5 and 6 of the 2013 WS as motivation, to get back playoffs and finish it up with a World Series title. Thoughts?
Welcome.

We talking about watching at least four full hours of game footage before each game?

redpeppers5000
Everyday Player

Post by redpeppers5000 »

Pudgelewis wrote:
redpeppers5000 wrote:The Cardinals are 71-62, 2nd in the National League Central. They should be winning these games against the Cubs, which they aren't right now. I think before every game for the rest of the season, they should watch Games 5 and 6 of the 2013 WS as motivation, to get back playoffs and finish it up with a World Series title. Thoughts?
Welcome.

We talking about watching at least four full hours of game footage before each game?
Hi. I'm glad to join this wonderful forum. What I'm saying is that the Cardinals coaches and players should watch those games, some clips of them as motivation to get back to the playoffs and to win the 12th championship.

Pudgelewis
Perennial All-Star

Post by Pudgelewis »

redpeppers5000 wrote:
Pudgelewis wrote:
Welcome.

Hi. I'm glad to join this wonderful forum. What I'm saying is that the Cardinals coaches and players should watch those games, some clips of them as motivation to get back to the playoffs and to win the 12th championship.
I like to think they've tried multiple motivational tactics already, but Matheny probably considers taking the team to Incredible Pizza for a team building exercise in the play area "motivation".

redpeppers5000
Everyday Player

Post by redpeppers5000 »

Pudgelewis wrote:
redpeppers5000 wrote:
Pudgelewis wrote:
Welcome.

I like to think they've tried multiple motivational tactics already, but Matheny probably considers taking the team to Incredible Pizza for a team building exercise in the play area "motivation".
You may be right. When Matheny was hired in November 2011, did you like the move or did you think he was too inexperienced?

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

fanforever wrote:The Royals, after a 14-11 April, the team went 12-17 in May. During that period of time they fired their hitting coach and demoted and re-promoted third baseman Mike Moustakas.....
The Royals are a great comp for the Cardinals this year. Very similar team IMO. Good pitching and defense but the offense has struggled. The difference is, the Royals offense finally got going at times whereas the Cardinals' has never clicked at all this year.

Pudgelewis
Perennial All-Star

Post by Pudgelewis »

redpeppers5000 wrote:
Pudgelewis wrote:
redpeppers5000 wrote:
Pudgelewis wrote:
Welcome.

You may be right. When Matheny was hired in November 2011, did you like the move or did you think he was too inexperienced?
I don't remember loving or hating it. Thought it was a ballsy move, but I wasn't altogether against it. Just think the team is a little soft which was evidenced by the dramatic reactions to the trade earlier with Craig/Kelly.

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

So why would they be watching two games that they lost?

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

Vidor wrote:So why would they be watching two games that they lost?
lol