GDT 9/22/14-Cardinals (Wainwright) @ Cubs (Wood) 7:05 CDT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Cronos
In perpetuum

Re: GDT 9/22/14-Cardinals (Wainwright) @ Cubs (Wood) 7:05 CD

Post by Cronos »

Sure would be fun for them to clinch at Wrigley field in front of the Cubs, but I'm selfish and want them to do it Friday night in Phoenix since I'll be at that game.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I am excite.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

lukethedrifter wrote:Grichuk is really starting to look like a major leaguer.
I felt like he was an afterthought in that trade. Turns out he may be the most valuable player in the trade.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

The Cub announcers were in rare form last night. They talked quite a bit about the game in St. Louis a few weeks ago where Soler hit that monster HR and they won big. Then they were questioning what Matheny was doing with Wainwright...I'm not sure what they were trying to say. They said that if Wainwright had gotten through the 7th with little trouble, then he should be pulled...but if he had given up like 3 runs, they should leave him in because he was still "the best option". They think our bullpen is terrible. They gave an in-depth analysis of all the weaknesses of the NL playoff teams. They seemed to like the Nats the best "but they have holes too". The Cards' bullpen is their big weakness, they said as Choate, our 7th or 8th best bullpen arm, shut them down. The best team they saw all year was the Blue Jays, who swept the Cubs in Toronto. The Orioles are weak because the Cubs swept them. And then they play the feel good, "aw shucks" music as they go to break.

And yet, I still think the Cards TV announcers are slightly worse.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I think the Cubs guys checked out, I did hear that about the take him out/leave him in and I sort of understood kind of the point. Mainly they were just throwing bags of chips to people and stuff like that. Bears playing on Monday Night, Cubs out of it ... yeah night off basically. Why put your best foot forward when 1/2 of your viewing audience is Chicago area Cardinal fans.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

jim wrote:I think the Cubs guys checked out, I did hear that about the take him out/leave him in and I sort of understood kind of the point. Mainly they were just throwing bags of chips to people and stuff like that. Bears playing on Monday Night, Cubs out of it ... yeah night off basically. Why put your best foot forward when 1/2 of your viewing audience is Chicago area Cardinal fans.
True. And a big portion of the fans in the stands were Cards fans as well.

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

The Cubs announcers take off in April and it lasts through September.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I just emailed Len and whatever that other guys name was to float my idea for reducing the number of stupid challenges. They were talking about this last night. If you hear them talking about it tonight and they mention it's from Gateway Redbird jim, that's me.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

heyzeus wrote:I'm preparing myself for a Pete Kozma postseason start. I'm not happy about it, but I know it's coming.
It took all of one game for this [expletive] to come true.