All-Star

Re: GDT 10/6/14-Dodgers (Ryu) @ Cardinals (Lackey) 8:07 CDT

Post by BigDCardlvr »

SYTN wrote:
BigDCardlvr wrote:
SYTN wrote:
boops wrote:
SYTN wrote:
boops wrote:BABIP this BABIP that: this guy gives up a [expletive] of baserunners with his 1.5 WHIP.

Are you retarded?
Rosenthal gives up more than 1.4 baserunners per inning this year. That is absolutely terrible. This is evidence that the stream of baserunners that constantly find their way on board when he is pitching is the product of something other than BABIP.
Is it?
So it isn't "luck" that they all get on base...Is it luck that he still gets the save? 40plus times this year.
A higher BABIP yields a higher WHIP all other things equal. It is illogical to say because he has a high WHIP, BABIP isn't a factor. The contrary is true.

As for your question, I don't see the relevancy.

If you've watched like I have this season, you know Rosie gives up more cheap hits than the average per inning.
I think we agree. Some are saying how bad he is, yet he is getting the save.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

What isn't luck is the low HR rate knock on wood. 2 Hr in 70 IP is pretty impressive.

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

http://deadspin.com/cardinals-fans-get- ... 1643282285

[expletive] like this makes me glad I'm a NY Cardinals fan. I'm embarrassed by this

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Magneto2.0 wrote:http://deadspin.com/cardinals-fans-get- ... 1643282285

[expletive] like this makes me glad I'm a NY Cardinals fan. I'm embarrassed by this
Though not too surprising that the [expletive] in the crowd found their way over there.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

The problem is that there are bad apples in every bunch. The people that believe the protestors have their right to be out there probably just walk on by w/o reacting or thinking twice (I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing plenty just walked right by). I think you would get the ignorant people who think they're right in their response in probably every city in the country. It's just a sad reality of the world we live in today.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

The protest was an [expletive] magnet and likely would have been most anywhere.

Still, definitely embarrassing.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

cardinalkarp wrote:

The problem is that there are bad apples in every bunch. The people that believe the protestors have their right to be out there probably just walk on by w/o reacting or thinking twice (I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing plenty just walked right by). I think you would get the ignorant people who think they're right in their response in probably every city in the country. It's just a sad reality of the world we live in today.
I agree. The protesters were trying to goad ignorant people into reacting and some of them did, unfortunately. Most people probably walked by with no incident.

Cheddar Tom
Perennial All-Star

Post by Cheddar Tom »

I think if Rosie had blown last night's game on a bunch of dinky seeing eye singles and bloops I would've been frustrated but not angry. HanRam's hit was on a curve down and away...Crawford's hit looks like it could have nearly broken pitchfx it was so low. As long as Rosie is throwing strikes he's going to be fine.

Felix The Cat
Perennial All-Star

Post by Felix The Cat »

redpeppers5000
Everyday Player

Post by redpeppers5000 »

Powerful win last nigjt. Hopefully this NLDS can be closed out tonight and prepare for the fourth consecutive NL title series.