Jose Canseco has been injured in shooting

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Jose Canseco has been injured in shooting

Post by docellis »

http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/10/28/jose-c ... oting-home
Former MLB outfielder and designated hitter Jose Canseco has been injured in an accidental shooting, reports KLAS-TV Las Vegas.

According to the report, police confirmed that there was an accidental shooting at the address of a home that records say belongs to Canseco. A neighbor told KLAS-TV that Canseco was hurt in the shooting.

Canseco retired from baseball in 2002 and made a brief comeback attempt in 2004. He played for eight different teams during his 17-year career, including nine years with the Oakland Athletics.

The 50-year-old had a lifetime .266 average and .515 slugging percentage and hit 462 home runs. In 2005, he admitted to using anabolic steroids in a tell-all book and he was later cited in the Mitchell Report, which was an investigation into the use of steroids and other performance enhancing drugs by MLB players.

Canseco was a six-time All-Star and two-time World Series champion. He won the AL MVP award in 1988.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Re: Jose Canseco has been injured in shooting

Post by slide_into_first »

This wouldn't happen if more good guys carried guns

HardcoreCardsFan
All-Star

Post by HardcoreCardsFan »

Jesus. Who's next?

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

More proof that the right to own guns only puts yourself at more of a risk then if you didn't have a gun.

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

There's nothing that could happen to Jose Canseco that would surprise me. He's buffoonery on steroids.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Maybe I'm a [expletive] person, but all I can think of is "Jose Canseco gets to shoot himself in the finger and live to moron it up forever, but Oscar is gone. The world blows."

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

heyzeus wrote:Maybe I'm a [expletive] person, but all I can think of is "Jose Canseco gets to shoot himself in the finger and live to moron it up forever, but Oscar is gone. The world blows."
I've been thinking along those lines, but I swap out Canseco with Puig. The sentence isn't exact, but the spirit remains the same.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

From Reddit:
If someone asked me "guess which former MLB star is in the hospital after shooting himself in the hand" I'd say Canseco before they finished the question

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Any truth to the rumor Canseco was trying to make a comeback as a pitcher and was told to work on a split-finger fastball...

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Shot off the middle finger of his left hand. That's a change. Usually he's shooting his mouth off. Or maybe he didn't understand exactly what bird hunting is all about.