BW23
Hall Of Famer

Re: Asdrubal Cabrera Interest?

Post by BW23 »

Fat Strat wrote:
BW23 wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
Kyle wrote:
BW23 wrote:The Giants, A's and Mets could all use him as a starter. No way the Cards pay him to play once or twice a week.
And further, why would Asdrubal accept that role to begin with when he could sign as a starter somewhere else?
I think reporters and agents got so used to us searching for a SS that they started automatically attaching our name to every one on the market. They haven't broken themselves of the habit. Next thing you know we'll be in on Stephen Drew and Elvis Andrus.
Maybe Peralta, too.
Nah, Cards would never be interested in a guy like Peralta.
I think you're right. Aside from Mac, they don't like cheaters. He'd probably want like 4 years which is about 3 too many. He sucks defensively, and his streaky offense is probably a product of PEDs.

I still say get Tulo.

BW23
Hall Of Famer

Post by BW23 »

Cabrera will be signing a one-year deal with the Rays according to Rosenthal.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

well, i'll gladly take zobrist if they want to make him available now!

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Zobrist? Yes, obviously, but what would the Rays accept?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I don't think there's any way I would trade much of value to get Ben Zobrist at this point. Going into his age 34 season--a point at which most MI's like to fall off a cliff--and his offense has become solid, not spectacular. Defensively he's good, as long as he plays 2B, LF, or RF. Unfortunately for the Cardinals, that's where Wong, Holliday, and Heyward play--guys that you likely aren't going to want to bench. I just don't see the fit.

Now, if they wanted to trade him for, say, Seth Manness I'd be all for it. But since the asking price would probably be more like Carlos Martinez, I would pass.