Panda wants respect, Chris Davis says pay me

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song

Re: Panda wants respect, Chris Davis says pay me

Post by Jmodene »

As Weird Al once sang: "If money can't buy happiness, I guess I'll have to rent it."

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

haltz wrote:Most athletes seem to use a persecution complex as a motivating factor. Between Pujols and TLR we should be pretty familiar with this mindset.
I don't know about "most" but it is definitely "some". There are guys who manage to sign big deals elsewhere without badmouthing their old team.

It was annoying when Albert and TLR did it too. It's also something that gets no less annoying with time.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Pablo is "happy" to be away from the Giants weight demands:
http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-ba ... ht-demands

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Panda has played a role in breaking my postseason heart for a few years now, although I never really disliked him personally. Yet there is something about playing in Boston that just instantly makes you a terrible person.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Hoot45 wrote:Panda has played a role in breaking my postseason heart for a few years now, although I never really disliked him personally. Yet there is something about playing in Boston that just instantly makes you a terrible person.
Pffft I think this is just Panda's version of "it was about respect, not money". There were probably certain people back in SF badmouthing him for leaving, and this is his way of getting back at them. Not saying its cool or classy or anything, but he'd probably be doing the same thing if he signed with the Yankees or Dodgers or something.