GDT 5/25/15-D-Backs (Anderson) @ Cards (Martínez) 3:15 CDT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
fanforever
Retired

Re: GDT 5/25/15-D-Backs (Anderson) @ Cards (Martínez) 3:15 C

Post by fanforever »

St. Louis Cardinals @Cardinals

#THATSAWINNER! Final: #STLCards 3, #DBacks 2 (10 inn.) W-Rosenthal (1-0) W-Ramirez (1-1) HR-Peralta (7), Trumbo (7)

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

fanforever wrote:
dmarx114 wrote:
fanforever wrote:leaving Rosenthal to pitch the tenth was stupid Matheny
Disagree. He only threw 9 pitches in the 9th. He needed to pitch the 10th.
he'll be off limits tomorrow and possibly Wednesday....it's stupid
Might be off limits tomorrow. Won't be off limits Wednesday, especially with a day off Thursday. But there is no guarantee rosey will be needed in a high leverage spot tomorrow. Tonight, the d-backs had their 2 best power hitters leading off the 10th. We need rosey in that spot, after only throwing 9 pitches in the 9th.

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

Rosenthal threw 28 pitches so he might be available tomorrow, at least for an inning. And as already stated he was pretty strong today, hitting 100 mph twice to end that inning.

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

OK fine...but what was it everyone said about his over use?

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

BrntOrngStud
Veteran Player

Post by BrntOrngStud »

I doubt Rosie will be available tomorrow. How many pitches did he throw yesterday?

Buster Olney: I think the Royals are the best team in MLB right now -- right now -- and I don't think it's close.

Yet the Cards have the best record without Waino. Ya. That makes total sense.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

fanforever wrote:OK fine...but what was it everyone said about his over use?

Magneto2.0
Hall Of Famer

Post by Magneto2.0 »

BrntOrngStud wrote:I doubt Rosie will be available tomorrow. How many pitches did he throw yesterday?

Buster Olney: I think the Royals are the best team in MLB right now -- right now -- and I don't think it's close.

I think the Cardinals suffer from Lebron syndrome. People are so tired of praising them they latch on to anything else. Not saying the Royals don't have an argument for best team, because they do. But I feel a lot of times the media just get bored of us. Same reason Steph Curry won MVP even though he's nowhere near as good as Lebron James.

BrntOrngStud
Veteran Player

Post by BrntOrngStud »

Magneto2.0 wrote:
BrntOrngStud wrote:I doubt Rosie will be available tomorrow. How many pitches did he throw yesterday?

I think the Cardinals suffer from Lebron syndrome. People are so tired of praising them they latch on to anything else. Not saying the Royals don't have an argument for best team, because they do. But I feel a lot of times the media just get bored of us. Same reason Steph Curry won MVP even though he's nowhere near as good as Lebron James.
Curry is nowhere near as good as Lebron James but this year he was the legitimate MVP. Unreal year.

Interesting Lebron syndrome analogy. What's odd for me is that despite our success over the last 4 years, analysts (at the beginning of the year) rarely predict us to win the division. At least analysts routinely predict Lebron's team (Heat/Cavs) to win the title or go to the playoffs.

I agree the Royals have a legitimate argument for best team but to say- I don't think it's close when they don't even have the best record is a little presumptuos, no?

I think the Cardinals are the San Antonio Spurs of baseball. Not the Lebron. We win based on player development through our farm system and thus lower costs...and have a shot at winning the World Series every year. The "big teams" of basketball (Lakers, etc) develop a dynasty when they have Kobe/Shaq or Kobe/Gasol....then they age, and they suck for a long time.