Bring Haren home

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Re: Bring Haren home

Post by Vidor »

This seems like a just-in-case move, which is probably not the move we want to make.

A team that is 50-24 probably does not need to make a big move on the trade market, but if we do make one, I agree with the suggestion above that we should get a 1b that allows THE WHIFF KING to go back to the bench.

boops
Everyday Player

Post by boops »

I think most of us can accept that the team has probably overperformed a little bit and that identifying potential future problems before they actually happen isn't a bad call. I don't think that SP is necessarily one of these potential problems (unless they can get a guy who they think will make a difference in the postseason at or near the top of the rotation) but 1B definitely is.

slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden

Post by slide_into_first »

You guys who don't think there is a need, be sure to fill up the tank and go to the bathroom before you drive through Death Valley.

Vidor
You've just been hit by...VidorSmarm™

Post by Vidor »

slide_into_first wrote:You guys who don't think there is a need, be sure to fill up the tank and go to the bathroom before you drive through Death Valley.
A couple of days ago, I had occasion to stop at the only gas station on an 80-mile stretch of I-40 between Needles and Ludlow, CA.

Five dollars a gallon. Five.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Calfrado says the Cards are one of a few looking at Bucholtz and Samardija.

jagtrader
Hall Of Famer

Post by jagtrader »

When a team is in the Cardinals' position it should go big or do nothing. See Larry Walker, 2004.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Fox Sports' Jon Morosi reports the Marlins have received "multiple trade inquiries" on starters Mat Latos and Dan Haren.
Morosi added that teams are also interested in Tom Koehler and reliever Brad Hand. With Jose Fernandez moving into the rotation on Thursday, the Marlins now have a surplus of starting pitching. Miami could use another bat with Giancarlo Stanton (broken hand) out of the lineup.
Related: Dan Haren, Brad Hand, Tom Koehler
Source: Jon Morosi on Twitter
Jun 29 - 12:10 PM

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

Since Kozma looked great against Miami Maybe the fish will take him straight up for Haren

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

fanforever wrote:Since Kozma looked great against Miami Maybe the fish will take him straight up for Haren
BUT PETE IS OUR BESTEST DEFENSIVE REPLACEMENT GUY!