Derek Lilliquist

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Derek Lilliquist

Post by heyzeus »

RIP Roscoe. The magical oboe lives on though.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

fanforever
Retired

Post by fanforever »

jagtrader wrote:Lilliquist deserves more acknowledgement. We're also seeing Molina at the height of his powers.
don't rule out Mike Matheny either...he knows a thing or two about calling a game

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

There's a reason all of these MLB teams are hiring catchers as managers. They are the generals of the baseball field, and have an immeasurable effect (positive or negative) on a pitching staff. Yadi is king. I think that's why he and Lackey got into it a week or so ago. Lackey was probably thinking, "I'm not one of your little rookies that you need to baby. I knew how to pitch before I got here." And then Yadi was probably thinking, "do you know who I am mang?" And now they're friends again.

doe_boy
Hall Of Famer

Post by doe_boy »

slide_into_first wrote:Moxie was right. Duncan and Larissa were holding us back.
Wasn't it Duncussa? And Jocketty was the albino or some such.

baseburglerlou
Everyday Player

Post by baseburglerlou »

TGantz wrote:There's a reason all of these MLB teams are hiring catchers as managers. They are the generals of the baseball field, and have an immeasurable effect (positive or negative) on a pitching staff. Yadi is king. I think that's why he and Lackey got into it a week or so ago. Lackey was probably thinking, "I'm not one of your little rookies that you need to baby. I knew how to pitch before I got here." And then Yadi was probably thinking, "do you know who I am mang?" And now they're friends again.
Will be interesting to see if Yadi wants to manage when his career is over. I would think there would be mucho interest.