Stanley Suspended 80 Games

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Re: Stanley Suspended 80 Games

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

FWIW
"I will never apologize for something I didn't do," Stanley said in a formal statement through the players union. "We will not stop searching for why all of this has happened."
Stanley's position is similar to that of Blue Jays first baseman Chris Colabello, Phillies pitchers Daniel Stumpf and Alec Asher and Mariners minor-league outfielder Boog Powell, all of whom also are serving suspensions for Turinabol. All say they have no idea why they tested positive.
"At the end of the day, you've got to trust the science," one baseball official said. "People do not test positive by accident. There is always some explanation. It doesn't enter the body by osmosis."
The union, however, is concerned about the run of suspensions for Turinabol, and continues to seek evidence that might shed light on why some players are testing positive, a source said.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:FWIW
"I will never apologize for something I didn't do," Stanley said in a formal statement through the players union. "We will not stop searching for why all of this has happened."
Stanley's position is similar to that of Blue Jays first baseman Chris Colabello, Phillies pitchers Daniel Stumpf and Alec Asher and Mariners minor-league outfielder Boog Powell, all of whom also are serving suspensions for Turinabol. All say they have no idea why they tested positive.
"At the end of the day, you've got to trust the science," one baseball official said. "People do not test positive by accident. There is always some explanation. It doesn't enter the body by osmosis."
The union, however, is concerned about the run of suspensions for Turinabol, and continues to seek evidence that might shed light on why some players are testing positive, a source said.

But Cody will be rewarded in the end, I'm sure.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Seems like you would just knock off any and all supplements after the first suspension.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

If I was one suspension away from losing out on millions worth of paydays and wasn't juicing, I'd be beyond careful about what I ate and the supplements I took.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Darned fortified cereals.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

ghostrunner wrote:Seems like you would just knock off any and all supplements after the first suspension.

Exactly.