cards will non-tender cishek

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Jocephus
99% conan clips

cards will non-tender cishek

Post by Jocephus »

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Cardinals are planning to non-tender Steve Cishek.
It's an easy call, as Cishek earned $6.65 million this season and is set to receive another raise in arbitration this winter. It would be a big sum for someone who isn't a closer anymore and has shown a drop-off in skills. Cishek posted a 2.31 ERA and 20/13 K/BB ratio over 23 1/3 innings after being acquired from the Marlins in July. The Cardinals could consider bringing him back at a lesser rate.
Source: CBS Sports
Nov 10 - 11:48 AM

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: cards will non-tender cishek

Post by heyzeus »

Yeah, that would be a lot of $ for a middle reliever.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

an ineffective one at that

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Dude sucked. Although, if he were to sign for less I'd take him back. He looked genuinely stoked to be here. But with teams in need of closing options he shouldn't have trouble finding work.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:Dude sucked. Although, if he were to sign for less I'd take him back. He looked genuinely stoked to be here. But with teams in need of closing options he shouldn't have trouble finding work.
I guess Cishek's new Biblical verse on Twitter will come from the Book of Exodus.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

sighyoung wrote:
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:Dude sucked. Although, if he were to sign for less I'd take him back. He looked genuinely stoked to be here. But with teams in need of closing options he shouldn't have trouble finding work.
I guess Cishek's new Biblical verse on Twitter will come from the Book of Exodus.
HEY-OOOOOOOO :D :D :D