GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently November 17 19, 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: April 8 19, 11:36 am 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7967
Location: Chicago, IL
Popeye_Card wrote:
Dan S. is obviously undervaluing the Personal Services Contract portion of Pujols' deal. He's going to return a lot of value to the Angel franchise as one of the most popular players in St. Louis history promoting LA's most famous team located in Anaheim.


The Mighty Ducks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 11:53 am 
Offline
Mayor of GRB
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Posts: 33188
Location: Louisville
33anda3rd wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
Dan S. is obviously undervaluing the Personal Services Contract portion of Pujols' deal. He's going to return a lot of value to the Angel franchise as one of the most popular players in St. Louis history promoting LA's most famous team located in Anaheim.


The Mighty Ducks?


Image

No.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 1:59 pm 
Offline
Mayor of GRB
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Posts: 33188
Location: Louisville
The Baltimore 0-riole

so much depends
upon

a broken bat
single

blooped into
right field

to get
fourteen-thousand booing patrons to forget that ninety-two million dollars are still owed on a contract


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 2:03 pm 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 23302
Location: Columbus, OH
sighyoung wrote:
The Baltimore 0-riole

so much depends
upon

a broken bat
single

blooped into
right field

to get
fourteen-thousand booing patrons to forget that ninety-two million dollars are still owed on a contract


You need to start posting these in the Baseball Poetry thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 4:27 pm 
Offline
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: November 14 14, 5:23 am
Posts: 2353
Location: Cherokee
33anda3rd wrote:
This is a first for me: I'm going to defend the Pujols deal as not being that bad.

Quote:
I rather lose $50 than get $5 back of $100.


First of all, "I would rather...." Mr. Writer Man.

There's nothing I like more than someone who points out grammatical errors in an online chat. Well done, sir.

How much did the Angels pay for that 6.9 WAR, out of interest? You're placing your marker in a very strange place to make a point and I'm not sure why.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 7:33 pm 
Offline
Mayor of GRB
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Posts: 33188
Location: Louisville
Davis set the hitless record tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 8:53 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: June 26 06, 8:54 pm
Posts: 11498
Location: kintore/yuendumu
sighyoung wrote:
Davis set the hitless record tonight.

Did he run around the field like Ripken?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 8:55 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Posts: 17139
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
greenback44 wrote:
sighyoung wrote:
Davis set the hitless record tonight.

Did he run around the field like Ripken?

Yup. Fans came out of the stands too.
of course they were carrying pitchforks and torches...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 9:21 pm 
Offline
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming

Joined: June 9 06, 3:51 pm
Posts: 8523
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
phins wrote:
It has to be the worst contract of all-time, no?

I didn't want that contract at the time, but I said, "it's not as bad as it looks because of the deferrals."

No, Lance, it's absolutely worse than it looks.

Kevin Brown - 7/100 in 1999. First 100 million dollar contract. I always thought this was as bad as they come but he actually had several good years after the contract.


Kevin Brown gave 27.4 wins over the life of that contract including three seasons over six wins.

That contract was pretty much a steal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: April 8 19, 9:27 pm 
Offline
Mayor of GRB
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Posts: 33188
Location: Louisville
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
greenback44 wrote:
sighyoung wrote:
Davis set the hitless record tonight.

Did he run around the field like Ripken?

Yup. Fans came out of the stands too.
of course they were carrying pitchforks and torches...


Image

Great night for the fans. Souvenir effigies for the kids.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group