Anniversary of 715

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Re: Anniversary of 715

Post by jim »

I've told this story on here before so forgive me for repeating ... My Khoury League baseball team always took a trip down to see a game, and we as a team talked the adults into taking us down to see Hammerin' Hank. Back in the 70's the scorecards that you bought at the stadium had the lineup already typed into it. I bought my scorecard and as we settled into our seats in the 300 level I opened it up to take a peek - no Aaron! Rowland Office in CF, Dusty Baker in RF, and Ralph Garr in LF. What a bummer.

About 15 minutes before gametime they announce the lineups, and I remember like it was yesterday when Aaron's name showed up on the scoreboard and hearing the PA announcer make the announcement.

I don't know why they did that with those scorecards - typing in the lineup - because I swear 1/2 the time it was wrong. It sure caused a little disappointment that day, but it all ended up ok other than the Cards not winning. Got to see Aaron play, which was the most important part of the day.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 7140.shtml

The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.

Re: Anniversary of 715

Post by The Third Man »

Popeye_Card wrote:It is pretty sad that I don't even remember the current record without looking it up.
It took me half a second to recall it - 762 - and I haven't sat down and watched a baseball game, front-to-back, in like two seasons at least.