Zach Duke done for 2017

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Re: Zach Duke done for 2017

Post by Diddy »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Gb,

You really think mris are hell? You lay there for 30 minutes. No pain or anything.
You must not be claustrophobic. I'm broad enough that it pushed my arms in some when they slid me in and it felt like I was suffocating. They were doing it with color so it was just over an hour. I was sweating and it was everything I could do to not just get out of there. I didn't feel right for 2 days, there is no medical reason for that just mental. If I ever have to do one again I'm looking for an open MRI.

The good news no brain tumor which they had told us was almost certainly there!

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Diddy wrote:

You really think mris are hell? You lay there for 30 minutes. No pain or anything.
You must not be claustrophobic. I'm broad enough that it pushed my arms in some when they slid me in and it felt like I was suffocating. They were doing it with color so it was just over an hour. I was sweating and it was everything I could do to not just get out of there. I didn't feel right for 2 days, there is no medical reason for that just mental. If I ever have to do one again I'm looking for an open MRI.

Good news!

Yeah, I don't have much of a problem with claustrophobia. I guess suggesting taking a nap wouldn't help then, huh.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Diddy wrote:

Good news!

Yeah, I don't have much of a problem with claustrophobia. I guess suggesting taking a nap wouldn't help then, huh.
The noise and lights didn't bother me, but my claustrophobia seems to be getting worse as I age. I would think pro sports teams would have access to to something bigger. I'm 6'7, 300 pounds so I'm quite a bit bigger then the average person , but not all that big if you talking about a pro football or nba player. Those guys would get stuck in an average MRI.

It was a tough summer, I know they want to prepare you for the worst but my wife was 7 months preg and they had me thinking I wasn't going to be around to see the baby born. They still don't really know what's going in but determined it to be non life threatening. Were having pretty good luck treating my symptoms with some alternative methods as well.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Diddy wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Diddy wrote:

Good news!

The noise and lights didn't bother me, but my claustrophobia seems to be getting worse as I age. I would think pro sports teams would have access to to something bigger. I'm 6'7, 300 pounds so I'm quite a bit bigger then the average person , but not all that big if you talking about a pro football or nba player. Those guys would get stuck in an average MRI.

It was a tough summer, I know they want to prepare you for the worst but my wife was 7 months preg and they had me thinking I wasn't going to be around to see the baby born. They still don't really know what's going in but determined it to be non life threatening. Were having pretty good luck treating my symptoms with some alternative methods as well.
Did you drop the 1 gallon of whole milk per day habit?

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Swirls wrote:
Diddy wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Diddy wrote:

Good news!

I've cut back to about half a gallon. That hasn't been easy but I have lost about 10 pounds in the last month.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Diddy wrote:
Swirls wrote:
Diddy wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Diddy wrote:

Good news!

I've cut back to about half a gallon. That hasn't been easy but I have lost about 10 pounds in the last month.
Solid. Good job! Another option possibly worth considering for that other half-gallon per day, although not as beneficial as eliminating it entirely, would be to switch to skim.

obucard
Perennial All-Star

Post by obucard »

Swirls wrote:
Diddy wrote:
Swirls wrote:
Diddy wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Diddy wrote:

Good news!

Solid. Good job! Another option possibly worth considering for that other half-gallon per day, although not as beneficial as eliminating it entirely, would be to switch to skim.
For me that would be eliminating it entirely. Skim milk is terrible.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Per Rotoworld:
Zach Duke (elbow) could begin a rehab assignment next month.

Duke threw a 30-pitch, all-fastballs bullpen session Friday and will continue with his mound work at extended spring training through the end of May. If he doesn't have any setbacks, he could then be assigned to High-A Palm Beach for a rehab assignment. It's a surprisingly aggressive timetable for a guy who had Tommy John and flexor tendon surgeries last October, but it sounds like the Cardinals could get the southpaw back as soon as July.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I hope this isn't a knee jerk reaction to Cecil sucking. I doubt it is, but I don't think it can be ruled out.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Duke better be darn effective if they bring him back before Sept. We don't need to limit innings in a critical role, when we could have a guy we rely on 5 times a week. We don't necessarily have that now, but..