BPV Phase 2

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: BPV Phase 2

Post by IMADreamer »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
heyzeus wrote:Sure, $1400 a month is not a bad price, but read the fine print. Mike Matheny is the building manager.

Real estate is his passion.

Also this is making me realize how much I want to get a house (and how very far off I am.)

It's over rated. lol I've either got to spend a small fortune this year fixing the last retaining wall I need to fix or spend half my summer doing it myself. I haven't decided which yet but I dread both outcomes. It's always something with a house too. Always.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

misterManager wrote:PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.
But you presumably live in a city with a more vibrant downtown? Or perhaps one where there's not a sizeable homeless encampment like five blocks away? Or a disgusting semi-abandoned railway /industrial area just down the road? Or Murderville staring at you from across the river? I mean, if there's going to be investment in the city, I can think a few places I'd rather see it than a block of luxury flats next to the ballpark.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
misterManager wrote:PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.
But you presumably live in a city with a more vibrant downtown? Or perhaps one where there's not a sizeable homeless encampment like five blocks away? Or a disgusting semi-abandoned railway /industrial area just down the road? Or Murderville staring at you from across the river? I mean, if there's going to be investment in the city, I can think a few places I'd rather see it than a block of luxury flats next to the ballpark.
I see the newcomer to our fair city is enchanted by its many charms.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Those things may all be true, Mortimer, but have you tried the frozen custard? How about the toasted ravioli?

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

heyzeus wrote:Those things may all be true, Mortimer, but have you tried the frozen custard? How about the toasted ravioli?
Screw those and go for the gooey butter cake.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I love St Louis, and am very glad I'm living here, but certain bits of it could definitely do with some sprucing up.

Momo
Veteran Player

Post by Momo »

Everything about St. Louis and the surrounding area is pretty great imo...except downtown.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

Momo wrote:Everything about St. Louis and the surrounding area is pretty great imo...except downtown.
I think the exact opposite, FWIW. I rarely go west of Hampton, north of 40, or south of Chippewa except if I have to go to the airport or something like that. Downtown has everything I need and, this may shock some, but I have never been murdered in all the time I spend downtown.

Momo
Veteran Player

Post by Momo »

Hoot45 wrote:
Momo wrote:Everything about St. Louis and the surrounding area is pretty great imo...except downtown.
I think the exact opposite, FWIW. I rarely go west of Hampton, north of 40, or south of Chippewa except if I have to go to the airport or something like that. Downtown has everything I need and, this may shock some, but I have never been murdered in all the time I spend downtown.
I've never had a fear of being murdered downtown honestly, but I certainly don't enjoy downtown St. Louis compared to most large metro downtowns.

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Hoot45 wrote:
That sounds like something someone who was murdered and doesn't want people to know about it would say.