BPV Phase 2

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
dan_yall
Veteran Player

Re: BPV Phase 2

Post by dan_yall »

salukifan2 wrote:More luxury apartments downtown :obucardheadbang:

A bunch of apartments that rich folks in the county will rent and only spend a few nights a year in. Giant beautiful apartment building that will be empty many months of the year.

The city needs market rate dwellings!!
This makes zero sense to me. A tower overlooking Busch stadium has to be one of the most desirable apartment locations in the entire state. If anything makes sense as high-end luxury apartments, it's this building. The city is far from unaffordable. God forbid it becomes more attractive the people with disposable income to spend locally.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

And honestly $1,400 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment might seem steep, but given the location and that I'm sure it will be a very nice place I actually think that's not that bad.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

$1400 doesn't sound bad considering the location to the ballpark, but what else is there down town? I legitimately don't know where you would go to get toilet paper or groceries.

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

IMADreamer wrote:$1400 doesn't sound bad considering the location to the ballpark, but what else is there down town? I legitimately don't know where you would go to get toilet paper or groceries.
There is a Schnuck's Culinaria about a half mile away.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

IMADreamer wrote:$1400 doesn't sound bad considering the location to the ballpark, but what else is there down town? I legitimately don't know where you would go to get toilet paper or groceries.
Chicago is a mere 300 miles away for all your non baseball related needs.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

$1400 seems like a bargain. There are small houses in my neighborhood that rent for $1200, and they don't have a ballpark view and aren't downtown and are in Iowa.

misterManager
Everyday Player

Post by misterManager »

PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Sure, $1400 a month is not a bad price, but read the fine print. Mike Matheny is the building manager.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

heyzeus wrote:Sure, $1400 a month is not a bad price, but read the fine print. Mike Matheny is the building manager.

Real estate is his passion.

Also this is making me realize how much I want to get a house (and how very far off I am.)

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

misterManager wrote:PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.
We have a stadium view apartment (St Paul Saints / CHS field, yo!), and we pay ~$1900/month for a 1 bedroom unit with 800 square feet.