Consider him admonished

Re: BPV Phase 2

Post by Tim »

Wow that looks nice.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I was all excited about the apartments but then I saw 'luxury' mentioned. 'Luxury' is code for 'don't even bother because you can't afford it Tony.'

I do not like country music but I would be banned from PBR within a week and labeled as a creep and a perv if I lived that close to it.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

IIRC that's where jim said he was going to move.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

That looks really nice. I'm sure the office space will be filled easily but it will probably cannibalize some of the other office space downtown. Isn't there already quite a bit of Class A space vacant? As for the luxury apartments do you guys think that's going to fill up with permanent residents or more of a corporate thing where companies buy them and then sort of use them during games and events. I seriously don't know what the status of the housing market is in downtown St. Louis, but is there really a big group of wealthy people wanting to move there?

Either way it's cool and I'm glad it's getting built. Better than the big hole it was a few years ago.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

My retirement dream has been restored!!

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

IMADreamer wrote:That looks really nice. I'm sure the office space will be filled easily but it will probably cannibalize some of the other office space downtown. Isn't there already quite a bit of Class A space vacant? As for the luxury apartments do you guys think that's going to fill up with permanent residents or more of a corporate thing where companies buy them and then sort of use them during games and events. I seriously don't know what the status of the housing market is in downtown St. Louis, but is there really a big group of wealthy people wanting to move there?

Either way it's cool and I'm glad it's getting built. Better than the big hole it was a few years ago.
Cannibalize downtown St. Louis business/residential real estate? hahahahaha.....you must not have been downtown lately, there's nothing to cannibalize...it's already been done.

Ballpark Village might be nice and all, and I'm sure it's a model for other big league organizations because it's a [expletive] cash cow, but it hasn't exactly allowed other businesses to flourish...in fact it's the exact opposite, it eaten them alive.

When previous downtown staples like Mike Shannon's (which was a great sports bar, and a pretty nice restaurant) can't survive, nothing will.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

As nice as the apartments and office buildings will look I probably will never go inside of one of those buildings so this news doesn't do much for me. It'll be nice that they'll have a few more eating choices within walking distance of the stadium though.

As far as downtown goes once they get this all done and finally finish the revamp of The Arch, downtown will look a lot different then it did when Busch II was there.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Can you imagine how freaking little work would get done on a workday with a game going on when your office overlooks Busch Stadium?