GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 21 19, 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: BPV Phase 2
PostPosted: February 13 18, 9:50 am 
Everyday Player

salukifan2 wrote:
More luxury apartments downtown :obucardheadbang:

A bunch of apartments that rich folks in the county will rent and only spend a few nights a year in. Giant beautiful apartment building that will be empty many months of the year.

The city needs market rate dwellings!!

This makes zero sense to me. A tower overlooking Busch stadium has to be one of the most desirable apartment locations in the entire state. If anything makes sense as high-end luxury apartments, it's this building. The city is far from unaffordable. God forbid it becomes more attractive the people with disposable income to spend locally.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 11:37 am 
Hall Of Famer

And honestly $1,400 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment might seem steep, but given the location and that I'm sure it will be a very nice place I actually think that's not that bad.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 11:38 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

$1400 doesn't sound bad considering the location to the ballpark, but what else is there down town? I legitimately don't know where you would go to get toilet paper or groceries.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 11:41 am 
Perennial All-Star

IMADreamer wrote:
$1400 doesn't sound bad considering the location to the ballpark, but what else is there down town? I legitimately don't know where you would go to get toilet paper or groceries.

There is a Schnuck's Culinaria about a half mile away.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 12:34 pm 
has a link from 538 to share

IMADreamer wrote:

Chicago is a mere 300 miles away for all your non baseball related needs.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 12:40 pm 
Hall Of Famer

$1400 seems like a bargain. There are small houses in my neighborhood that rent for $1200, and they don't have a ballpark view and aren't downtown and are in Iowa.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 1:25 pm 
Everyday Player

PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 1:34 pm 
Everday Unicorn

Sure, $1400 a month is not a bad price, but read the fine print. Mike Matheny is the building manager.

PostPosted: February 13 18, 1:56 pm 
'Burb Boy

heyzeus wrote:
Sure, $1400 a month is not a bad price, but read the fine print. Mike Matheny is the building manager.

Real estate is his passion.

Also this is making me realize how much I want to get a house (and how very far off I am.)

PostPosted: February 13 18, 2:14 pm 
gone fission

misterManager wrote:
PM me for the group buy of one of these fancy 1-bedrooms. I ask only for 51% of the time share since the money is going through my paypal. thx.

I'd kill for that price to be honest--I'm paying the same for a 2 bedroom in the more rundown part of my city. Something in my own downtown, which would have way less going for it than the ballpark, is probably over 2k a month.

We have a stadium view apartment (St Paul Saints / CHS field, yo!), and we pay ~$1900/month for a 1 bedroom unit with 800 square feet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next